This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad I've got an open mind.

For any newbs reading this thread, yes listen to the gurus, but don't be afraid to question their facts - because they may not be facts.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post

WTH? They sound just like my Quarks.
      ​So you've heard those speakers in person? If not WTF? SMDH...LMAO
      Last edited by Unbiasedsound; 03-03-2018, 05:29 PM. Reason: for to write LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post

​So you've heard those speakers in person? If not WTF? SMDH...LMAO
        No, silly. I watched the youtube video on my PC with a 2.1 system of a subwoofer with Quarks. Get it? It's a joke.

And such outrgeous ad copy is reason for punishment in the marketplace.Don't buy from liars.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post

No, silly. I watched the youtube video on my PC with a 2.1 system of a subwoofer with Quarks. Get it? It's a joke.

And such outrgeous ad copy is reason for punishment in the marketplace.Don't buy from liars.
          ​I knew it was a joke silly as only a idiot would think they can accurately judge speakers through a youtube video.... outrageous ad copy which is reason for punishment in the market place, says who!!! you??? Gurus and there retarded logic.....LMAOROTF

Comment

I miss the tags.
            Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

djg, the speaker guru. Ask anyone here at techtalk, I know everything about diy speakers.

Comment

This thread is so full of win!

Comment

And I nearly blew it off.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmarley View Post
                    I'm so glad I've got an open mind.

For any newbs reading this thread, yes listen to the gurus, but don't be afraid to question their facts - because they may not be facts.
                    ​Exactly!!!!! Some of these Gurus head so swole and big they think everything they say is the absolute truth as if it were facts. smdh

Comment

​Exactly!!!!! Some of these Gurus head so swole and big they think everything they say is the absolute truth as if it were facts. smdh
                      You mean like claiming on the company website that Beryllium is a garbage material for tweeters because the speed of sound in the material is faster than what it is in the air? You mean that guru?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
                        I would like to bring up something that I found when I was at those youtube links. There's one from the 2013 MWAF that caught my attention due to the picture used in the youtube link. Many of you here likely attended that one, so I'd like your input on it. Go the link below at 3:33 and discuss the system with the multi-driver arrays shown.

MWAF 2013

I still have five Morel tweeters I bought 10+ years ago thinking to experiment with the same thing, one in the middle with four in an array surrounding one. I never built a test baffle, I decided it was too complicated and modeling showed real problems due to spacing, but these were 104mm faceplates. I also decided that it was also way to expensive for any possible benefit.

dlr
                        That was the first iteration of the 'Art of War', and the demo had some issues with only one or 2 channels playing. It's second incarnation flanked the setup with a pair 18" RSS woofers. The premise is a point source 5.1 setup. When 5x12" woofers are moving on the X.1 channel, it gets fun pretty fast. Bill Edwards did a good job building that. The mirror works like that of the CBT with a hard reflection, and creates a supposed 90 degree dispersion pattern from the crease of the baffle to mirror. Depending on the position of the listener, the mirror could be propped up in front to change the angle. The complexity had to be seen to be appreciated, all running from an 18AWG power cord.

Later,
                        Wolf
                        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                          You've got your terms confused. Audiophiles tend to be subjective, willing to accept marketing claims at face value, and not particularly knowledgeable about how the gear they're willing to pay sometimes obscene money for actually works. One might even say gullible. Engineers are objective, and can tell the difference between facts and BS. That makes you the audiophile, and about as far from an engineer as one can be. Since this forum is technically oriented, it's even in the name, you're peddling subjective nonsense to an audience that's not going to buy into it. As for the 'review' links, they're totally subjective, lacking any factual content, and only prove that anyone can put anything on youtube. As real acoustical engineer Ethan Winer so eloquently put it.
                          ​Not all audiophiles are audiophools. Believe it or not, some audiophiles actually do have a technical and or engineering background. My late mentor friend Henry Wolcott, was a very thorough and capable engineer, who also enjoyed high fidelity audio, with a vast music collection and excellent equipment.

Comment

​And your head and ego just went up by 10 million...this is what happens when one cant get over the marketing claims. LMAOROTF
                            ​If you want to flummox Mr. Schumaker, just insert a sentence or two about global warming, he'll take the bait and then the thread will be totally derailed.

Comment

​If you want to flummox Mr. Schumaker, just insert a sentence or two about global warming, he'll take the bait and then the thread will be totally derailed.
                              For someone so anal about spelling, your skills seem a bit lacking.
                              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

For someone so anal about spelling, your skills seem a bit lacking.
                                Spell check didn't indicate any misspelled words.

Comment

Working...
                                X