Views:	1
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	1367676

Comment

Is that chilly?

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
          Is that chilly?
          ​Tomatoes. It happens every year in Spain.
          It's on my bucket list, either oranges or tomatoes.

La Tomatina

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post
            I understand that Gurus think they know the honest truth of a speaker without ever listening to them because they have some kind of magical intuition.
            Magic is science that we don't understand yet. Speakers are magic to you, because you don't understand the science of sound reproduction. Not all of us have that shortcoming.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Comment

For those of you who think these speakers are overpriced. He does have good speakers priced under $1000 what are well reviewed. I would also like you to consider this. As a business owner myself. I am in the laser engraving business so I have some idea of how a business works.

When we meaning you an I build a speaker we are not looking to make a profit.

We don't have employees to pay, thousands of dollars in inventory, power bills, built in overhead when things go wrong (And yes things go wrong), costly machines (CNC etc), photographers, R and D / prototyping, time to build, and the list goes on and on. So say it cost me $50 dollars in parts. I would need to sell it for at least $200 - $400 or more. Now if it's a kit that may be different.

Now onto speaker design.

I will say this. Good drivers do not mean good sounding speakers. You and I know a crossover design can drastically change how a speakers sounds. A more experienced, more seasoned designer can squeeze the most of a speaker drivers capabilities. The overnight sensations are a good example. Low cost drivers with a well design crossover. Great sounding speaker for the price.

Now I agree the marketing maybe over hyped, but I think disregarding a whole company only because of some hype is silly.

When building my speakers I do three things.

1. Look at specs
                2. Read user reviews, many posted by a lot of you. That is why forums like this and user reviews are so great.
                3. And then make a decision.

And return the item if I don't like it. Yes we can do that!

I generally don't go to the speakers driver companies website and read through all their hype and take it at face value. Of course a company is going to say our company has the best. They are not going to say come buy our mediocre product.

A yes there are hidden gems in parts that perform way better than their price points suggests.
                On the cheap diy. That is my motto - www.hifiposse.com

Comment

Spell check didn't indicate any misspelled words.
                  That's no indication that what you wrote was correct. Not all words are in the dictionary now, are they?
                  R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                  "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyhands View Post
                    Now I agree the marketing maybe over hyped, but I think disregarding a whole company only because of some hype is silly.
                    I'm not yielding anything on the marketing.

I have a lifetime of experience with over-hyped crap.

Not looking for more.

Comment

• Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                      Magic is science that we don't understand yet. Speakers are magic to you, because you don't understand the science of sound reproduction. Not all of us have that shortcoming.
                      ​Shortcomings is when gurus use magic to judge audio gear without ever listening to them in person. LMAO

Comment

• You mean like claiming on the company website that Beryllium is a garbage material for tweeters because the speed of sound in the material is faster than what it is in the air? You mean that guru?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                        ​I am talking about the Gurus that think it pertains to them. LMAOahahahahahaahahahahahhahaahhahahahha

Comment

• For someone so anal about spelling, your skills seem a bit lacking.
                          ​said the person that is so anal about marketing claims...looky who the **** is talking. LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Unbiasedsound View Post

​said the person that is so anal about marketing claims...looky who the **** is talking. LMAO
                            Be careful with the insults, otherwise the moderators might decide to ban you, especially since you are new here.

Comment

• That's no indication that what you wrote was correct. Not all words are in the dictionary now, are they?
                              Depending upon which dictionary one chooses to use. Which one do you recommend?

Comment

• Depending upon which dictionary one chooses to use. Which one do you recommend?
                                I'm sure the one you're using is fine. You just spelled something wrong in that post, that's all. Don't let it bother you. I just found it amusing.
                                R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                                "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Working...
                                X