I want to repurpose my .28 cuft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to repurpose my .28 cuft

Under "Resources", go to "Woofer Selection Guide".
    Click on the top of the "Sealed box volume" (MY name for it) column. ALL drivers will be sorted by closed box volume.

In the range of 0.23-0.41cf, the closest you can get to 50Hz is 56Hz, and that's with an 8" RSS HO driver.

You'll think of other ways to sort through that data. 50Hz is doable in a vented box that size. Closed will be hard to come by.

Comment

That size box can be used for a Voxel-like sub ...

Comment

UM8-22 F3= 46 in 8 liters. Not sure if it fits
        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmarklay View Post
          I am putting the guts of my Jeff Bagby Continuums into the MLTL box when I can get it done. I would like to repurpose the boxes.

I would appreciate thought on what might work in this small of a sealed box yet reproduce bass down to around 50hz and have a nice punchy disposition.

Since this was a sealed box and unless I go with a smaller mid -woofer adding a port would be a challenge. I can easily make a new baffle however so that is not a problem.

I also just might be able to squeeze in a 6.5”

Thoughts?
          My current speakers use sealed 6.5" Peerless woofers. (830874 ) On paper, they go nowhere near 50hz, but I use them in a 12 x 14 room without a sub. With help from a bass friendly room, the bass is very nice. Great driver for the money. Easy to cross high or low.

Comment

The ND140 would make F3 of 68 or so sealed (from memory)
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
              Under "Resources", go to "Woofer Selection Guide".
              Click on the top of the "Sealed box volume" (MY name for it) column. ALL drivers will be sorted by closed box volume.

In the range of 0.23-0.41cf, the closest you can get to 50Hz is 56Hz, and that's with an 8" RSS HO driver.

You'll think of other ways to sort through that data. 50Hz is doable in a vented box that size. Closed will be hard to come by.
              Wow. Perfect and thank you.

Comment

Thanks everyone. In reality the absolute extension is usually not a huge deal. Base quality however I am keen on. So if it is 60hz (or whatever the number) fine if the bass is articulate.

Comment

Jeff Bagby Viva Voce

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                    Jeff Bagby Viva Voce
                    Well that is a little too similar to the Continuum and I the LF is not quite up to the Continuum level. Now that Morel tweet with a more robust woofer would be cool.

Comment

Most likely I am not getting what I want. Damn physics. It may make more sense to try to incorporate a port and make it a reflex. I am a bit gun shy drilling the back for that but I may be able to squeeze something on the baffle. That may require some thought however.

Comment

Working...
                      X