RANT: Shipping by USPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANT: Shipping by USPS

I will most likely never do again. It always seems Fedex is the better value. Even in a flat rate, fedex is comparable and at a larger size.

Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

I prefer usps over fedex. For some reason fedex never delivers on time. I don't know how many times a package has said out for delivery and not got delivered then the expected delivery date changes.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
      I prefer usps over fedex. For some reason fedex never delivers on time. I don't know how many times a package has said out for delivery and not got delivered then the expected delivery date changes.
      They should call this "Flexible delivery date" instead of "expected" delivery date
      Plumber's Delight: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...notech-winners
      Linehopper: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...Esoteric-build
      Plan-Tanic: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ght=Plan-Tanic

Comment

I've never experienced a persistent not-on-time delivery problem with either UPS or FedEx and I don't really recall any shipments from either company not being delivered on the scheduled day. When I do ship something I have no problem using either service.
        Paul

Comment

Usually a longer line at USPS, but you have to fill out a form at Fedex. It's UPS I don't like to use for anything breakable.

Comment

Geez Joey, that's pretty mild to call it a rant! I was expecting at least a few 'mean face' emojis.

Shipping prices have gotten a little crazy, though, I know what you mean. Seems like the last 2-3 years have seen pretty large hikes in prices. I guess we pay for the low rates they give businesses.

TomZ
            *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
            *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

This winter we had a terrible FedEx Ground driver. He'd just drive up to the mailbox, and shove the box out of the truck at the curb. This was happening all around the neighborhood, according to our mailman. At one house, the FedEx Ground package sat by their mailbox for several days while they were away.

When he was about to do this a second time, I ran outside and requested that he walk it down to the front door about thirty feet away. He just glared at me, and I saw him toss a package there a couple days later. He sure didn't like his job.
              Bill Schneider
              -+-+-+-+-
              www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

IMO it all varies based on the carrier in your area as some areas have better or worse services then others....Ive had both good and bad experience with USPS and FEDEX....one USPS carrier crammed a box in my mail box so tight crushing all 4 corners that I had a very hard time getting it out, luckily nothing was damaged.

Comment

Where I live both UPS and FedEx drivers come to our front door, place the package on the porch, then either knock or ring the door bell to alert us of the delivery before they leave. When a shipment come via USPS, like some orders from PE, if the package is too small for our mailbox, the mail lady also comes to our door, places the package on the porch, then knocks before she leaves.
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                    FedEx? Or FedEx Ground? They're related, but not the same thing. FedEx Ground uses independent contractors, so service quality varies from region to region, even from town to town. Some drivers seem to have the motto "We'll deliver it when we get around to it".

www.billfitzmaurice.com
                    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                      FedEx? Or FedEx Ground? They're related, but not the same thing. FedEx Ground uses independent contractors, so service quality varies from region to region, even from town to town. Some drivers seem to have the motto "We'll deliver it when we get around to it".
                      I'm not sure, I'll have to check. You are probably right.

Comment

I once had a delivery of a few sheets of very expensive veneer in the usual 10" x 4' long cardboard box by UPS. They didn't even bother to drive it up my driveway... left it by the road so I never knew it was delivered... and when I went to leave on a trip 20 minutes after it was delivered, (actually was headed for last years DIY Indiana) it had blown partly into the road because being veneer, the box was very light.

I actually saw the brown truck down the road and caught up to him. He swore I told him to leave it by the road from my white car -- which was in the garage 600 feet from the road with the garage door closed. I rarely get mad enough to tell someone I'm mad... but this guy just flat out lied.

I did all I could do... call and complain. If a companies only job is to deliver a package from point 'A' to point 'B' you'd think they would spend just a tiny bit of time getting the very final part of the journey correct. It's really all we see during the entire process. No issues since, though. Just one package left out in the rain... the box was drenched, but the innards were not bothered by the sogginess.

Hey Joey... now THAT'S a rant!

TomZ
                        *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

There is one advantage to UPS.

Comment

Working...
                            X