Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

RANT: Shipping by USPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only if she really delivers.
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
      Only if she really delivers.
      .. for you!

Comment

I would use UPS EVERY...DAMM....TIME.
        Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

The only time I have had trouble with later than scheduled delivery is around the holidays, when they are really jammed up. We get good service from both, and sometimes they will leave things at the back door if nobody is home and its a larger package that will be noticeable. They almost always ring the bell. Its usually in good condition too. Again, that seems to change around the holidays when they are so swamped.

Steve

Comment

Amazon Delivery takes photos of the delivery location and texts them to you. I can't remember having a problem with USPS. I'm sure I have but it's been so long I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by bradley.s View Post
              Amazon Delivery takes photos of the delivery location and texts them to you. I can't remember having a problem with USPS. I'm sure I have but it's been so long I can't remember.
              That's true. I've received several pictures of my Amazon package at someone else's door.
              Francis

Comment

UPS has an unfair advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                  I wish Amazon sent me that kind of picture instead of someone else's door.
                  Francis

Comment

Saw that pic on here a long, long, long, ...

long time ago (just ask Wolf).

2005?

Comment

She's a grandma by now.

I posted her here back in 2018

Comment

I've spent time in over 20 USPS facilities across the country this year alone and I can say I have no problem shipping everything via USPS. I've also been in FedEx and UPS facilities ... much, much different. In terms of product handling, you won't find better systems then those used in Postal distribution centers and air hubs.

Once it gets on to a vehicle though, it's strictly the delivery person's game, regardless of company.

Comment

Ancient Egypt conditioned their women to perceive fat men as the attractive ideal. Manboobs were a sign of wealth and success. If a UPS driver like that Colombian blonde shows up at your door push your beer belly out with pride. She might dig it. If you got it, flaunt it.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                            My ex-wife works for UPS ... (really).

Comment

Is that her?

Helpful words from the internet:

Don’t Cry Because It’s Over; Smile Because It Happened – Quote Investigator
                              Last edited by djg; 06-13-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I bet it was at least 10 years ago when we first saw PE boxes delivered by Sandy. Yep, I remembered her name.
                                Wolf
                                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                                http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                                X