PE pruduct request!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PE pruduct request!

I personally would like to see some kind of stepped attenuator with remote control. I think if you could make this happen for around $150 it would sell like hotcakes. I am sure others would like to see this happen for use between a DAC and amplifier. I have only seen remote control stepped attenuators that are audiophool priced so far. I know it can't be that expensive to make one.

From what I've seen: The stepped options adds cost. The 9V boards kits that use motorized potentometers are fairly cheap ( quality unknown ).
    There are boxes ( no pots ) that offer IR remote under $40.
    Circuits based upon PGA2311 at that price too.
    Product that don't use potentiometers are very cheap; I've purchased media players with remotes that have volume control in "steps", they cost me from $10 - $ 20.
    Functionally ( as they also had line inputs ) the IR provided Volume control on an integrated player/amp.
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

To be clear I am talking about the stepped attenuators that use a "ladder resistor" network.Could also be a relay controlled ladder network. The idea is to affect the signal as little as possible.

Comment

I was working on a design for a Preamplifier that incorporated 6 DPDT relays arranged in a ladder network - it would provide 64 different volume settings and was planning to use an Arduinio micro controller to control it. I got side tracked back to making speakers then sidetracked now on a amplifier I'm building that uses the Arduinio to monitor over current protection, D.C. Offset detection and temperature. I employing a solid state relay on the speaker outputs that uses a pair of deep trench Mosfets that have very low on resistance. I'm now thinking the solid state relay might be even better for a volume control network with ladder resistors - but more expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X