Dogs/pets and why you avoid them.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs/pets and why you avoid them.

I am an animal lover, my soft spot is dogs. I love kitties too but dogs are king. My extremely active wolf/husky mix with the personality that most dog owners would want,
    ​non aggresive unless challenged. He plays with little dogs/big dogs. he should be a service dog. Anyway after months of mis diagnosis, thought it was kennel cough. My post is to give a heads up on Bollous lung issues. Most common is trauma to the dog like getting hit by a car. The cause is air in the chest cavity that constricts the lungs
    ​from expanding and visa versa. So my dog has been in surgery for 6hrs. and waiting to hear good news. Don't know what to say other than if I knew of this condition
    ​probably would have dealt with it months ago. The last vet that dianoised issue could not believe he was still alive. Sorry only place I open up on a forum, Ivan is a 9yr.
    old wolf husky mix so that's all I have.

We love them so much, don't we?
    They give us so much unconditionally.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
    "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
    SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
    My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

For my wife and me dogs are family members. We just spent $800 to have Gingers abscessed molar extracted by a veterinary oral surgeon. She is now happy and frisky. Worth every penny. I hope Ivan comes through with flying colors.

Jay
      Last edited by Drjay; 03-08-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

best wishes for a speedy recovery for your dog.

you can tell by my profile pic that I love dogs.

Can't imagine my life without these two guys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	my two dogs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	516.4 KB
ID:	1368441

Comment

My 14 yr old Staff Bruno. Took him to Bangkok from London 2 yrs ago, this was taken a month or two before he passed away in December. Gutted he never got to meet my baby girl who was born after christmas.. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

I love dogs and cats and have had many cats over the years, currently just one cat, Mr. Bojangles (we call him BJ). I'm understand completely how you feel about Ivan and how much you love him, and sure hope you've heard some good news about him by now.
            Paul
            Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0209.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	576.0 KB
ID:	1368449

Comment

Paul K -
              That's a great custom made window perch!

Lucky cat

Comment

I miss my dogs every day - hold him tight.
                Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

I had to have my dog put to sleep about a month ago. He was about 9 years old. He had a bone tumor that would have required leg amputation and radiation treatment. I decided to enjoy the time I had left with him. He was my buddy and I really miss him. I hope your dog pulls through.

Comment

Thanks. When we moved to this condo after retiring we had 2 cats, Charlie and Linus (super BFF), and since the screened-in porch was already there, I built two of those perches and installed them on opposite ends of the porch. Both cats loved them, especially the perch shown in the photo near the bird feeders. Charlie and Linus were both super-sweet and loving guys but long gone now, and while I'd love to have another (or 2 more cats) BJ is a "1-cat house" type of cat unfortunately.
                    Paul

Originally posted by ceiol View Post
                    Paul K -
                    That's a great custom made window perch!

Lucky cat

Comment

Ivan came thru his 8hrs. of surgery with a few issues, after they had him sewed up he was still leaking air and they had to go in again and find it. But he is doing
                      ​very good since the surgery and should come home tomorrow for a couple weeks of low stress recovery. Hopefully he has a couple good years ahead of him. Don't
                      ​know if I could get another dog and go thru the heart break when you have to let them go.

Comment

That's really good news and I hope Ivan has far more than a couple of good years to be with you. Each of us is different when it comes to our pets and how we grieve when it's their time and whether we are able to return our unconditional love again to another pet. I encourage you to do just that, though, if at all possible. As long as I'm able to properly take care of a cat (or cats), I intend to do so (rescues, of course).
                        Paul

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
                        Ivan came thru his 8hrs. of surgery with a few issues, after they had him sewed up he was still leaking air and they had to go in again and find it. But he is doing
                        ​very good since the surgery and should come home tomorrow for a couple weeks of low stress recovery. Hopefully he has a couple good years ahead of him. Don't
                        ​know if I could get another dog and go thru the heart break when you have to let them go.

Comment

https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/power-dog

Comment

I just got this little Black Lab a week ago. He turned 8 weeks old today. His name is Jet. Named after the Paul McCartney song by the same title. It took us 4 years to finally purchase another after loosing our Chocolate Lab to cancer related issues.

Best,
                            Rich
                            Attached Files

Comment

Montana1 -- now that's a good boy! what a cute puppy -- miss the days when mine were so young.

Comment

Working...
                              X