ELAC Speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELAC Speakers

Boy this line is really getting a lot of positive press. Do any of you have the any of the current models? F, or B series?

I got a brief demo of the B6 and UB5 and found them to sound quite good for the price.

Comment

Mr. Jones offers version 2 of the da-boos (Debut) this year.

The Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 goes back to the drawing board with a cleaner-sounding, better-built speaker.

Comment

They're on my favorite review site (the Debut B5 anyway). The messiah Andrew Jones header is my favorite part.
        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
        Wogg Music
        Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat

Comment

Tha master with yours truly and some bearded guy whose name I forgot...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_53458.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	563.1 KB
ID:	1368562
          Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
          ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
          LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
          Sonata Soundbar Project
          The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Originally posted by wogg View Post
            They're on my favorite review site (the Debut B5 anyway). The messiah Andrew Jones header is my favorite part.

Thanks for the love. I also reviewed the UB5 in a two parter: Part 1 Part 2

The new Debut B5.2 will be reviewed as soon as it's available... ELAC has not been responding to my emails so I'll be buying them myself.

Comment

Didn't know you were on here, you're welcome

​Perhaps ELAC isn't responding anymore because you asked them why the UB5 sh*ts the bed above 90dB.
              Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
              Wogg Music
              Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat

Comment

I have the full line from the A4, C5, B6, F6 to the SB12eq and I have not been able to find anything that performs like that for the money I paid. Andrew said the new line is much better and they are only going up $20 bucks, I really doubt anyone would be able to compete with that, if you think about it even DIY projects usually end up being more expensive than these.

Comment

m
                  Originally posted by hongrn View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1368562[/ATTACH]
                  hongrn, are you holding hands with Mr. Jones, then next week it will be Mr. Geddes and next week Troells or say it's not so Mcnutt.
                  A joke of course I have no place to do my stand up act.

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1368562[/ATTACH]
                    That guy on the left, is he George Clooney or Leonardo DiCaprio? I get them confused.
                    Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Oh come on- can't you see the blue flash in his eye? I thought sure that'd give it away...
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I was wondering how long it's going to take before Beau, Jon and Ben will chime in. Not long at all...
                        Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                        ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                        LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                        Sonata Soundbar Project
                        The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                          Oh come on- can't you see the blue flash in his eye? I thought sure that'd give it away...
                          Wolf
                          Nicely done.

Blue flash = RLS*

* Residual LED Syndrome
                          Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Working...
                          X