No announcement yet.

Murphy & Kittinger Vianadi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're making me blush but thanks for the compliment.
    Paul

Originally posted by xsilverjag View Post
    The Scan woofer in the canTiLena paired with Pauls MLTL is the star of the show!

Comment

Well just think what Mr. K could do with Mrs. K giving free range on driver budget. On this forum seems to be do the best within a budget. Probably some of the
      ​multiple best bang for the buck designs and these people should be proud, too many to mention but how many people heard the OS and went from there. This
      forum has some talented people ;Forest Gump Moment "Life is a box of tweeters" Hey new drivers even new Manufactures, lets keep it positive.

Comment

Fortunately we're in good financial shape and my wife is very supportive of my participation in this hobby. It helps that we share the same musical tastes (we met when playing in high school orchestra). No matter the costs, inexpensive or uber expensive, if you build it and like it you should be proud. Others liking what you build is just icing on the cake.
        Paul

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
        Well just think what Mr. K could do with Mrs. K giving free range on driver budget. On this forum seems to be do the best within a budget. Probably some of the
        ​multiple best bang for the buck designs and these people should be proud, too many to mention but how many people heard the OS and went from there. This
        forum has some talented people ;Forest Gump Moment "Life is a box of tweeters" Hey new drivers even new Manufactures, lets keep it positive.

Comment

Paul, maybe that's your next challenge - a super budget design that you could live with. I don't know if you alone choose the drivers in your projects, but you sure have the ear to know when something sounds exceptional.
          Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

Originally posted by tom_s View Post
            Paul, maybe that's your next challenge - a super budget design that you could live with. I don't know if you alone choose the drivers in your projects, but you sure have the ear to know when something sounds exceptional.
            I've built cheap, and I've built uber expensive. Nothing I've done on the cheap begins to compare with what can be done with the best drivers. It may not show up on the measurement charts, but it does show up on the listening, especially with mids and highs. The best drivers just simply deliver a more "real" sound.

In some cases, a veil truly is lifted.
            R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
            "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Well, I've sort of have already done that with the RS duets, Brillante, Balmora and cenTiLana speakers (not super budget designs, but certainly not expensive, either).
              Paul

Originally posted by tom_s View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                Well, I've sort of have already done that with the RS duets, Brillante, Balmora and cenTiLana speakers (not super budget designs, but certainly not expensive, either).
                Paul
                I hadn't seen those designs. Must have been during my hiatus from home audio. I'm quite interested in the Balmora, having seen that Tectonic driver in the Philharmonic speaker. Thanks for bringing these to my attention.
                Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                  Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X