Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Dayton Bluetooth amplifier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Dayton Bluetooth amplifier


    this looks pretty good

    https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...ooth--300-3802

    input power supply is 24v * 5A = 120 watts

    figuring 90% efficiency for the class D design, then this amp should have some decent output, likely 50 w x 2 channels at 4 ohms.


  • #2
    Originally posted by ceiol View Post
    this looks pretty good

    https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...ooth--300-3802

    input power supply is 24v * 5A = 120 watts

    figuring 90% efficiency for the class D design, then this amp should have some decent output, likely 50 w x 2 channels at 4 ohms.
    Would this be a good fit for powering something like the s2000 mtm? Wanting to do the s2000mtm or aries/appolo mt for my nephews graduation next year and want him to be able to take it with to college if he wants so the small footprint and bt would be great. Thanks for posting it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hittheskids View Post

      Would this be a good fit for powering something like the s2000 mtm? Wanting to do the s2000mtm or aries/appolo mt for my nephews graduation next year and want him to be able to take it with to college if he wants so the small footprint and bt would be great. Thanks for posting it.
      I would say yes -- plenty of power for the S2000s

      Comment


      • #4
        I got this one for my daughter at Christmas.

        https://www.parts-express.com/lepai-...upply--310-298
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51


        95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

        Comment


        • #5
          It really is a nice amplifier.

          Comment


          • #6
            What do we need to do to get all these features in one box?

            preamp,amp DAC combo
            1) DAC with usb input
            2) REMOTE!!! As well as volume control on unit
            3) bluetooth
            4) rca input
            5) optical input
            6) sub out or rca output
            7) phono stage
            8) good 2x channel amp
            My Build Thread's
            Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

            Comment


            • #7
              Something with all of those features wouldn't be cheap. It would require quite a bit of tooling costs as well as some upfront engineering costs. There are many products that have all but one or two of the features, but adding the extra feature set can add significant cost.

              http://www.parts-express.com/smsl-q5...2x40w--230-210

              The Q5 has essentially everything aside from the phono stage.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ge_off_me View Post
                Something with all of those features wouldn't be cheap. It would require quite a bit of tooling costs as well as some upfront engineering costs. There are many products that have all but one or two of the features, but adding the extra feature set can add significant cost.

                http://www.parts-express.com/smsl-q5...2x40w--230-210

                The Q5 has essentially everything aside from the phono stage.
                and bluetooth
                It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mattk View Post
                  and bluetooth
                  Yes, and Bluetooth, to further my point.

                  You could always buy a receiver and get most of these features, then you miss out on the compact size.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I run into this issue alot where someone wants a set of speakers but not a huge receiver. Some amps are close but they need a remote to work well in a tv setup. People that arent audiophiles like the all in one type stuff. I end up recommending the yamaha receiver with blue tooth.

                    Phono stage was a wish but the rest would be nice all in one. 200-300 for something with those features would be nice.
                    My Build Thread's
                    Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mike220 View Post
                      I run into this issue alot where someone wants a set of speakers but not a huge receiver. Some amps are close but they need a remote to work well in a tv setup ....
                      I have two "cable" providers available to my house. My current (Verizion FIOS) and my former (Cablevision Optimum). They both have an option where the cable box will control volume via the box's remote control. That is, the cable box will scale volume prior to outputting a line level signal to a separate audio system or scale volume in the feed to the TV. It is a distinctly different than programming the cable remote to control a TV's internal volume setting. It can be used to control the volume of a separate audio system set at high gain.

                      Hope I explained that clearly ...


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Everyone has comcast by me. Ill have to look into the option.
                        My Build Thread's
                        Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X