Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, so how bad exactly is your driver hoarding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 100 give or take, thanks for making me count......

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one ;-)
      Craig

Comment

I am going to show this thread to wife to show how many drivers other people have. Maybe she will let me order some more!

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
          Reality check! Some of us are serious suckers for driver buyouts and drivers on sale. We buy drivers with no intended project in the works. So how many drivers do you have sitting on your shelves? Count them. You might be surprised. I was!!!! I shamefully admit that I currently have 73 unused drivers sitting on my shelves.
          Hmmmm,,,,73? How did you end up with an odd number?

Comment

Lol i have about 2k of unused drivers in my basement at the moment. Hoping to change that shortly.
            My Build Thread's
            Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Originally posted by Psycoacoustics View Post

Hmmmm,,,,73? How did you end up with an odd number?
              My butter fingers... one hit the floor and its magnet fell off.
              Craig

Comment

I always like looking back at this every once-in-a-while, not sure why (from '16).

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...en-need-advise

saabracer traded a new $4oo handgun for about 600 drivers and ALSO some VERY high-end TTs & amps.
                Focal - nearly 80, AuraSound -60 (one case of NS6s & another of 2-1/2" FRs, +others), Vifa 50,
                Celestion 50, AUDAX 40 (if these alone were bought new at ms they'd run probably over $5k),
                Roughly 20 ea. of Cabasse, Eton, Dynaudio, HiVi, and Scan Speak. Approx. 15 ea. of Eminence and MCM.
                About 10 ea. of Fostex, Seas, AR, Peerless, and Davis (carbon woofers needing new surrounds - I'd probably toss 'em IMO)
                About 5 ea. of JBL, Fender, Selenium, Tang Band, Aurum Cantus, B&C, and USHER.
                A "few" Dayton, LCY, Hiquiphon, PHL, Pioneer, Visiton; a 15" Mach One woofer, and a Neo 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Audiotorium View Post

The more speakers I build and the better I get, the less I want to use cheap drivers (about half of my 'inventory') that's why I'm probably going
                  to sell a bunch of the unused drivers that I have and buy better drivers (oh wait.. I already have 'better' drivers..).

The problem is that my wife is extremely supportive of my hobbies so there is no moderation (good problem to have, I know!).
                  I am not on a tight budget, so money is not the problem, I just need to better control myself and buy what I WILL use.
                  Me too, got about 40 at present, mostly cheaper or buyout drivers. Sold or gave away about 30 in the last year.
                  Don't want to spend my precious build time on cheap drivers. Just got a 6 pack of the nice Rival 7 inch mid-woofers.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                  "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                  SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                  My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

I like to look at it too... as a warning and an inspiration. I actually bought a couple the Focals from him. I afraid it was influence in buying a Dyna 28 and D52 as well as a Scanspeak 18W16531. I already bought a Hiquphon on EBay. I sure would liked to met magnificent lunatic that bought this collection originally. He is my hero.

Comment

Was extremely disappointed when they did away with the deal of the day. Looking back on it now, maybe they were actually doing us all a huge favor. I took advantage of it several times and there were many others where it took a lot of restraint to prevent putting them in the basket. Thinned out (Free Classified) some of the stuff last year but still have about 20 sitting around. No telling how many I would have if DOTD was still going on.
                      My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                      Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                      Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                      The Archers
                      Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                      The Gandalf's

Comment

I have 130 drivers sitting in my garage, but then I’m getting ready to build a line array with 40 tweeters per side, and 25 mid-ranges per side. So they will be used up by September.

Comment

Originally posted by malboro2 View Post
                          I have 130 drivers sitting in my garage, but then I’m getting ready to build a line array with 40 tweeters per side, and 25 mid-ranges per side. So they will be used up by September.
                          You left me a message, and I replied. Did you get it?
                          Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                          ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                          LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                          Sonata Soundbar Project
                          The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

I count 55. This includes six Audio Concepts JC-12 twelve inch woofers that have been sitting in boxes, waiting for cabinets, for such a long time that the foam surrounds have all rotted out.
                            Plumber's Delight: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...notech-winners
                            Linehopper: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...Esoteric-build
                            Plan-Tanic: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ght=Plan-Tanic

Comment

Amateurs... Well over 200 in my collection, and I do not feel bad about using or not using them :-)

I know people with thousands of comic books or baseball cards or plates or antique tools... Same thing.
                              Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

rookie here ... 14
                                Paper Towers
                                RS180P/28F surrounds
                                Boombox

Comment

Working...
                                X