Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, so how bad exactly is your driver hoarding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably have you all beat!

I had the government come over to my house claiming that there was a magnetic anomaly at my exact street address. Also noticed cars on the street veering off course towards my house when passing it.
    Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

So.....Neodymiun IS Vibranium!!

Comment

I always like looking back at this every once-in-a-while, not sure why (from '16).

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...en-need-advise

saabracer traded a new $4oo handgun for about 500 drivers and ALSO some VERY high-end TTs & amps.
        Focal - nearly 80, AuraSound -60 (one case of NS6s & another of 2-1/2" FRs, +others), Vifa 50,
        Celestion 50, AUDAX 40 (if these alone were bought new at ms they'd run probably over $5k),
        Roughly 20 ea. of Cabasse, Eton, Dynaudio, HiVi, and Scan Speak. Approx. 15 ea. of Eminence and MCM.
        About 10 ea. of Fostex, Seas, AR, Peerless, and Davis (carbon woofers needing new surrounds - I'd probably toss 'em IMO)
        About 5 ea. of JBL, Fender, Selenium, Tang Band, Aurum Cantus, B&C, and USHER.
        A "few" Dayton, LCY, Hiquiphon, PHL, Pioneer, Visiton; a 15" Mach One woofer, and a Neo 8.
        Last edited by Chris Roemer; 03-25-2018, 03:13 AM.

Comment

I only have 102. 32 of them are the case of NS6-255-8A I bought when they were cheap.

Ron
          C-Note Iron Driver Build
          The Lydias
          The Cherry π's
          The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
          My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

I know craigk and saabracer have more than me. Last I did 'inventory' I was over 100, but not into 200 range or even downhill towards it.

Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
              ​Envious?

Comment

Not too many.

Comment

Wow- Bass much? JBL dual gaps, TC Eclipse, former JBL 1500, some Morel Ultimates, and a ton of Vega Strokers! That's some collection there!

Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Is that a CF driveshaft? (Kinda pricey for a port tube?)

Comment

Originally posted by chris roemer View Post
                      is that a cf driveshaft? (kinda pricey for a port tube?)

lol
                      Paper Towers
                      RS180P/28F surrounds
                      Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                        Is that a CF driveshaft? (Kinda pricey for a port tube?)
                        haha, yup. Full CF driveshaft from PST. That's for the race car.

Comment

I collect drivers - of many types across many price points. My favorite part of the collection is the Realistic/Radio Shack drivers I have. A collection is different from a "going to build this someday" mindset. I used to have visions of the sheer numbers of speakers I would be building someday - but now I realize you don't have to read every comic book to own an entire series. I have a cool driver collection, especially a lot of old and even rare Realistic/Radio Shack stuff. Sometimes I see a pair of speaks at a yard sale that something I own would fit into and a project is born - but I am under no delusions these days that I am going to crank out 100+ designs any time soon...
                          Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                            I collect drivers - of many types across many price points. My favorite part of the collection is the Realistic/Radio Shack drivers I have. A collection is different from a "going to build this someday" mindset. I used to have visions of the sheer numbers of speakers I would be building someday - but now I realize you don't have to read every comic book to own an entire series. I have a cool driver collection, especially a lot of old and even rare Realistic/Radio Shack stuff. Sometimes I see a pair of speaks at a yard sale that something I own would fit into and a project is born - but I am under no delusions these days that I am going to crank out 100+ designs any time soon...
                            I like that concept. So 100 plus is over 200?...inquiring minds you know...
                            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Yeah, probably inching up on 300 now.
                              Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                                Yeah, probably inching up on 300 now.
                                I see your point.
                                I used to have an attractive subwoofer as a candy dish on my coffee table when I was younger and single just because I thought it was a beautiful thing that I wanted to see on a regular basis.
                                I do think I probably have too many drivers, but it's also nice to have a few around at-the-ready for a project when you get the itch... which for many of us is pretty much all the time.

I suspect that having a bunch of drivers around kind of inspires me in some weird way also.

TomZ
                                *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                                *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Working...
                                X