Phenolic perf board for crossover construction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenolic perf board for crossover construction

I bought some of the PE colored phenol perf boards for my next set of crossovers. I am used to doing crossovers with hot melt glue and zip ties over pegboard, with euro termination blocks for input and output wires.

How are people affixing their components to the phenolic board? The ones I've seen look quite neat, so it doesn't look like they are using hot melt glue. Any other tips on using this material as a crossover substrate? How do folks mount the finished boards to the interior of the cabinet? The boards have spots for standoffs and screws but not sure I want to actually use that method.

Hot melt and zip ties
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
      Hot melt and zip ties
      Zip ties won't fit through those tiny holes on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkL View Post
        Zip ties won't fit through those tiny holes on the board.
        A drill fixes that problem
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

I use hot glue to hold down the components and make all my connections on the backside.

Comment

A drill fixes that problem
            Bingo!
            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

You could tie the components down with magnet wire. That would look tidy.

Comment

Hot melt glue

Comment

RTV works, too.
                  Francis

Comment

I epoxied all the components to the floor of my S2000s, looks horrible, works fine. A piece of underlayment ply works fine also. I find keeping the wires on the same side as the components is less confusing. I used to use hot glue, but a heavy coil came loose during shipping, so I switched to epoxy, still use hot glue for wire strain relief.

Comment

Working...
                    X