X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhollander
    replied
    Originally posted by wogg View Post
    I've calculated my project at $81.19 in total driver cost, in the open unlimited class. That's hilariously low
    Wow, that's low. Looking forward to seeing everyone and their speakers.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    I've calculated my project at $81.19 in total driver cost, in the open unlimited class. That's hilariously low

Leave a comment:

• ScottK@PE
    replied
    Can't wait to see and hear these builds and for you guys to hear my Sedoso v1. Wasn't 100% pleased with the FR with the current crossover, so going to tweak it before finishing the cabinets for InDIYana. I built them before the poll closed, but Bare Minimum won out so they fit that category. 4 components on the tweeter, 1 on the woofer. Hopefully they sound good to you guys, given that self imposed limitation.

See you guys this weekend

Leave a comment:

• KEtheredge87
    replied
    Originally posted by xmax View Post

Do you have the Ncores banging?
    Dude... Not yet (and it pains me!) Last we talked about it I had a sheet of 5/8" thick aluminum that was being waterjet cut down to size at work for free. Unfortunately these free projects get shuffled to the absolute back of the line frequently, so I still don't have it. Hard to complain about free machining work, but I probably could have gone elsewhere and gotten it done by now at a reasonable cost. Now I'm going to follow up on those cuts with the machine shop!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Originally posted by 4thtry View Post

+1 on the Mystiques. This is quite the masterpiece of curved shapes and contrasting design elements! The carbon fiber baffle pops out and blends very well with the white paint, woofer cone, and ribbon. Look forward to seeing these in person. Nice job, Kevin!!!

Thanks Bill! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• cap
    replied
    Im trying like hell to finish a pair of commissioned work , (SOMEONE BETTER HAVE THE X OVERS READY) Ill be there either way to have fun

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post

Not exactly a teaser, here are a few pics of the Mystiques and one of Kole's speaker "DemBoys". I left off last weekend hoping to be able to shoot the clear on mine but the weather is not cooperating, so these will be coming in a flat white, no clear coat on them. Still working with Kole to finish his speakers anyway so it wouldn't have mattered what the weather was like, there just wasn't enough time left to make it happen. Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend!
    +1 on the Mystiques. This is quite the masterpiece of curved shapes and contrasting design elements! The carbon fiber baffle pops out and blends very well with the white paint, woofer cone, and ribbon. Look forward to seeing these in person. Nice job, Kevin!!!

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Originally posted by KEtheredge87 View Post
    I've got my SuperBees registered for the Under $200 class and my SevenSixTwos for the Over $200 class. Looking forward to competing with everyone and seeing how proper amps beat on my speakers!
    Do you have the Ncores banging?

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Originally posted by brkitup View Post

Wow, this'll be a huge year if most entrants show up! And Kevin, those Mystiques look amazing.
    Thanks Eric!

Leave a comment:

• brkitup
    replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    So here is the current breakdown by category:

Open Unlimited...10
    Under $200.........14
    Over $200...........15
    Dayton.................11

It looks again fairly evenly distributed with the most entries in the "Over" and "Under" $200 classes.
    The "Open Unlimited" is pretty big this year too, maybe the biggest ever?

I suspect there may be a few late entries, and maybe a few drop-outs also...
    Looking good!

TomZ
    Wow, this'll be a huge year if most entrants show up! And Kevin, those Mystiques look amazing.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Yeah, you're right. Cut off the stand about 5 inches from the bottom of the speaks and that's basically my speaker.... about as tall too ! Yeah, I'll go with the great mind thing.
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    Holy Cow, those are gorgeous! The stands fit the look just right too.
    TomZ
    Thanks Tom! I swear these stands were modeled up in my computer before I ever saw your MWAF entry for this year. There are a lot of similarities in their shapes. Great minds think alike.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Holy Cow, those are gorgeous! The stands fit the look just right too.
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Kevin K.
    replied
    Originally posted by 4thtry View Post
    How about a few teaser pics? I'll start things out with my <200 entry. Just finishing the xover. Should be ready to play music by the end of the week. Looking forward seeing everyone again next week!!!
    Not exactly a teaser, here are a few pics of the Mystiques and one of Kole's speaker "DemBoys". I left off last weekend hoping to be able to shoot the clear on mine but the weather is not cooperating, so these will be coming in a flat white, no clear coat on them. Still working with Kole to finish his speakers anyway so it wouldn't have mattered what the weather was like, there just wasn't enough time left to make it happen. Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	1381352Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	1381353Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	1381354Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	1381355

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    So here is the current breakdown by category:

Open Unlimited...10
    Under $200.........14
    Over $200...........15
    Dayton.................11

It looks again fairly evenly distributed with the most entries in the "Over" and "Under" $200 classes.
    The "Open Unlimited" is pretty big this year too, maybe the biggest ever?

I suspect there may be a few late entries, and maybe a few drop-outs also...
    Looking good!

TomZ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X