Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEtheredge87
    replied
    I've got my SuperBees registered for the Under $200 class and my SevenSixTwos for the Over $200 class. Looking forward to competing with everyone and seeing how proper amps beat on my speakers!

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    Last weekend to prep! Looking through the registered names in the open unlimited category it appears I've got some tough competition, particularly for a relatively low power and small cone area active 2.1 system.

I did a test with the system out in the open in my living room, still much smaller than the room they'll be in. They sounded good, though the bass was a bit weaker than I like without the smaller room and corner load position the sub normally lives in. Worst case for me will be if they run into clipping to get the SPL required, that Lindsey Stirling track is going to beat them up good.

Hoping to clean up the Duratex on the woofer this weekend and have them ready to roll! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    53 Days until MWAF, It'll be here before you know it!

I see the music list is up and there are a few 'bassy' tunes in the under $200 category again...
    ...that will play right into my hands... Muhahahahahahaha!!!
    TomZ
    Super Tramp Cannonball Open Unlimited
    Diana Krall Peel Me A Grape Open Unlimited
    Lindsey Stirling Elements Open Unlimited
    Russ Freeman & The Rippingtons I'll Be Around Dayton Audio
    Diane Schuur Cry Me A River Dayton Audio
    Jon Bon Jovi Blaze of Glory Dayton Audio
    Boy and Bear Fall at Your Feet Over $200
    Nickel Creek Destination Over $200
    Art of Noise Moments In Love Over $200
    Katie Melua Nine Million Bicycles Under $200
    The Travelling Wilburrys End Of The Line Under $200
    Damien Escobar Phoenix Under $200
    Thanks for posting, Tom. Just listened to the <200 selections. I agree; very bassy. My Fb is 40Hz, maybe I should consider a high pass filter on my woofer.

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    How about a few teaser pics? I'll start things out with my <200 entry. Just finishing the xover. Should be ready to play music by the end of the week. Looking forward seeing everyone again next week!!!

Leave a comment:

• ScottK@PE
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    So do his .

http://speakerdesignworks.com/Exclamations.html

I'm just informing you is all. You are free to do as you wish.

Later,
    Wolf

Upside down, brilliant.

Just going to change their name to Sedoso, silky in Spanish. Couldn't find any with that name ;)

Leave a comment:

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    Just Change the spelling maybe like this > Xclamations

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    So do his .

http://speakerdesignworks.com/Exclamations.html

I'm just informing you is all. You are free to do as you wish.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• ScottK@PE
    replied
    Just so you know, the Exclamations was a name Curt Campbell used for one of his designs.

Wolf
    Mine will look like exclamation points due to the drivers used, thus why I chose the name, but I can always call them something else.

Leave a comment:

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    Where is the under $50.00 category? I am sure my DML sat/sub panels would win. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Just so you know, the Exclamations was a name Curt Campbell used for one of his designs.

Wolf

Leave a comment:

• ScottK@PE
    replied
    I'm waiting to hear back from management about entering my new project into the Dayton Audio category. Obviously I can't win anything, since I'm an employee, but I'd still like to show them off. I'm building them with a hope that the Bare Minimum category holds on for InDIYana.

Calling them the Exclamations. PT2C and RS125. If it follows the modelling, it should be plus/minus 5 db from 80-20k, which I'd gladly take given the restrictions for the category.

Cheers all

Leave a comment:

• KEtheredge87
    replied
    I finally got the writeup done and submitted for the SevenSixTwo Coaxes. They're in the over $200 category. Now to just wrap up the SuperBees and get that writeup done.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    July 4th is end of registration on-line.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied
    I am not sure if I can make it this time.... But I don't have a project either. The only finished one is the penguins, and it is just above the 200$ mark, so it will be competing with scans, satori's, 3way floor standers, floor standing scans in TLs....

Is there a registration deadline? Haven't registered yet

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

Tom use waterbase the fumes should not be a problem
    Yeah, but it really wouldn't be a proper road trip to Western Ohio without some funky fumes rolling around the chariot! I equate poly fumes with rental-car air freshener. You're right though, I may do a lacquer finish which should be cured in time to not smell.

Originally posted by ugly woofer View Post
    My project won't be finished in time, I have been stuck working 58 hour weeks for a few weeks, which destroys any hope of completion.
    I'm working on the Tandems project, but it is looking slimmer and slimmer that they will be attending with me.
    Who knows,
    Wolf
    Sorry to hear that. I've said it before... I hate it when work gets in the way of my hobby.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X