X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4thtry
    replied
    Originally posted by keith_correa View Post
    Is there a write-up posted for the "Totally Flat" speakers? Would love to see it!
    I submitted a full write-up to PE, so it should be appearing shortly. As soon as it does, I will start a new PETT project gallery thread with a link to the full write-up page.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I don't think Bill has posted it yet.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• keith_correa
    replied
    Is there a write-up posted for the "Totally Flat" speakers? Would love to see it!

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Ebert View Post
    Any thoughts on the Epique driver (Javad or others)?
    The Epiques were very good. I think they were stretched to high in the design at MWAF. I would really like to hear them used in a tmww design. That being said, for the money, I would still use a scanspeak or a seas. I just can't see many people spending $ 400 on a Dayton woofer, or any other 8 inch woofer.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Ebert
    replied
    Any thoughts on the Epique driver (Javad or others)?

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post

I agree, and they deserved the win. I think you found the sweet spot for the mini-8. It's likely pretty difficult to have a driver meet that high, but you pulled it off.

I walked in from lunch just as you were giving your spiel, and I'm glad I didn't miss them. The only one I missed was SP07, to my knowledge.

Later,
    Wolf
    Thanks Ben. That Tectonic Elements driver is amazing and only 18 bucks. So I bought 4 more for future projects to see how it sounds with other tweeter and woofer combinations.

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Griffin View Post
    Bill,

I think that you captured the moment just after I called the Eminence Lab12 was too ugly to show back in Post #58.

Great shots!

Jim
    Thanks, Jim. I am a student of Henri Cartier-Bresson, who coined the phrase "The Decisive Moment" This was most certainly one of those moments. Glad you liked it!

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied

Are you sure Jeff was involved with this one? I'm pretty sure Javad went solo here.
    Later,
    Wolf
    Thanks for the info. I copied this directly off my photo of PE's project name card, which listed both names. Correction made.

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied

Are you sure Jeff was involved with this one? I'm pretty sure Javad went solo here.
    Later,
    Wolf
    Correct, that one was Javad only.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by 4thtry View Post
    3rd Place, Dayton Audio, Project Name: "EPQ-3W" Designers: Javad S. and Jeff B.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DS56809.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	1382484
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by 4thtry View Post

Thanks, Craig. Enjoyed talking to you again about speakers and photography.
    I agree, and they deserved the win. I think you found the sweet spot for the mini-8. It's likely pretty difficult to have a driver meet that high, but you pulled it off.

I walked in from lunch just as you were giving your spiel, and I'm glad I didn't miss them. The only one I missed was SP07, to my knowledge.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Jim Griffin
    replied
    Bill,

I think that you captured the moment just after I called the Eminence Lab12 was too ugly to show back in Post #58.

Great shots!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    That should be it for the winner circle. Please let me know if I made any mistakes. I also have pictures for other speakers, let me know if you want me to post some more. Bill

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    3rd Place, Under $200, Project Name: "Super Bees" Designer: Keith E.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DS56503.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1382486

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied
    3rd Place, Dayton Audio, Project Name: "EPQ-3W" Designer: Javad S.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DS56809.jpg Views:	1 Size:	199.0 KB ID:	1382484
    Last edited by 4thtry; 07-17-2018, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X