Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beryllium got a reprieve!

http://www.tektondesign.com/ulfberht-be.html

Our Tektonic friend has evidently changed his opinion on beryllium.
    Francis

Now it will just sound more detailed noise ! as they were bad to begun with

Comment

Dunno. The overall effect may be interesting. All those tweeter lobes flying around may give music a Wurlitzer effect, or like it was played through an old Leslie.
      Francis

Comment

Italian origin midbass? looks like SB carbon 6" Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I kind of question the 99dB @ 2.83V 12" bass drivers, too. May be best not to overanalyze what we see here...
          Francis

Comment

Yep- those are RSS subs, not pro-sound derived.
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Those are SB 6" (a great driver) And how in the heck do you run 15 tweeters? 1 most be getting more power than the others...
              Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

​No comment on this design.
                Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post
                  Those are SB 6" (a great driver) And how in the heck do you run 15 tweeters? 1 most be getting more power than the others...
                  Not necessarily.

The arrays of 7 above and below the center tweeter are basically set up as a "low tweeter" or "upper mid" and the single in the middle is the super tweeter. That's how they get the 4-way designation.

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                  "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Not necessarily.

The arrays of 7 above and below the center tweeter are basically set up as a "low tweeter" or "upper mid" and the single in the middle is the super tweeter. That's how they get the 4-way designation.

That would make more sense, I talked to this guy before and he claimed all the tweeters were operating at the same frequency also
                    if this is the case all tweeters would be operating out to 40K or whatever.
                    • "One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path"
                    Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post

That would make more sense, I talked to this guy before and he claimed all the tweeters were operating at the same frequency also
                      if this is the case all tweeters would be operating out to 40K or whatever.
                      • "One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path"
                      If they are all operating in the same range, then it isn't a 4-way like they claim.
                      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Name one of their claims that is accurate.
                        www.billfitzmaurice.com
                        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Beryllium is cool now? Did the speed of sound change? Seems I missed a memo or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberator of Magic Smoke View Post
                            Beryllium is cool now? Did the speed of sound change? Seems I missed a memo or two.

I have liberated plenty of magic smoke (we build power supplies that can deliver 130 amps per rail). Something that really should be
                            considered with Beryllium is the way sound propagates off it. These tweeters do sound great but they are completely different sounding
                            than the other SB tweets.
                            Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberator of Magic Smoke View Post
                              You missed several. Turned out, a beryllium violin sounded pretty sweet!
                              Francis

Comment

Working...
                              X