Beryllium got a reprieve!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

...due to the toxicity of Glucinium. Don't touch, handle, lick, or inhale.

Later,
    Wolf
    I don’t know how you come up with this stuff.... I had to go look it up. I like better than beryllium which sounds like something made up for a si fi movie. I personally am saving up my money for Krell metal tweeters.

Comment

Any speaker design is a number of compromises and it will never sound like instruments in a space.
      A tweeters dome and every other part of it will have a influence of it's lack of true reproduction.
      The SB Be tweets sound fantastic, but so do their other tweets, just completely
      different. Pick your poison.
      Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
        Just as a side note to Be tweeters, Jeff B said the new SB Be tweeters are right there with the best he has ever heard or used, maybe even the best.. That includes a lot of tweeters.
        That figures. SB make great tweets. The various Be tweets I've heard all shared a highly detailed yet smooth sound

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyhands View Post
          So I guess you have heard them?
          Yes the original Tektons with No BE,, This was when The owner was adament and stated it on his sight that he would not use BE..because of its lack of speed.. bla bla bla!

They sounded like **** then and again this past weekend.. Adding a BE tweeter or 36 to a already bad sound is well!!! NOISE!

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post
            Any speaker design is a number of compromises and it will never sound like instruments in a space.
            A tweeters dome and every other part of it will have a influence of it's lack of true reproduction.
            The SB Be tweets sound fantastic, but so do their other tweets, just completely
            different. Pick your poison.
            Yep. Best comment yet.
            http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cap View Post
              Yes the original Tektons with No BE,, This was when The owner was adament and stated it on his sight that he would not use BE..because of its lack of speed.. bla bla bla!

They sounded like **** then and again this past weekend.. Adding a BE tweeter or 36 to a already bad sound is well!!! NOISE!

Like I said. The sound is not for everyone. I personally liked how the Ulfberht sounded. But hey are we not lucky to have so many speakers and driver options available able to use today. I remember building a set of speaker I thought sounded really good, but someone else thought they were meh! So yes there are speakers that do sound bad. But a lot of it is subjective and personal tastes.
              On the cheap diy. That is my motto - www.hifiposse.com

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyhands View Post

Like I said. The sound is not for everyone. I personally liked how the Ulfberht sounded. But hey are we not lucky to have so many speakers and driver options available able to use today. I remember building a set of speaker I thought sounded really good, but someone else thought they were meh! So yes there are speakers that do sound bad. But a lot of it is subjective and personal tastes.
                This is true! That being said.. When a line in the sand is drawn and statements are made that trash a product to sell yours......... then because its the newest toy out,, you suddenly jump on the band wagon and make a reference speaker its shows your marketing is money driven and based on PT Barnum style of pray on the less informed..
                Trust your ears and you will find the answers !

Comment

Well if that company said those things I can't defend that. But I have used apart and did not think much of it. Tried it again and liked it more. But we are allowed the change our minds. But for sure companies have to be careful of what they say as it could turn off some people.
                  Last edited by hobbyhands; 04-16-2018, 05:25 PM.
                  On the cheap diy. That is my motto - www.hifiposse.com

Comment

Working...
                  X