Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with your old designs? Sell them, let them sit, re-use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with your old designs? Sell them, let them sit, re-use?

I personally try and sell them, so I can have more cash to try more driver styles. I have had some good success and sometimes now. Sometimes I take a loss, and other times I at least break even. Minu labor. What about the rest of you?
    On the cheap diy. That is my motto - www.hifiposse.com

I give them away.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
      I give them away.
      Me too. Makes a great gift!

Comment

I often re-make them into a different system, mostly the boxes.
        Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

I have given away a few pair. Never sold any. Mostly I unsolder and save the crossover parts for future projects and repurpose the boxes. The drivers end up sitting on the shelf collecting dust. The project I am bringing to Indy in 2 weeks consists of 13 L boxes I have used twice before. I just machine new removable baffles for them.
          Craig

Comment

Yes, yes, and yes. I've sold a few (the big Victors build is the most recent), repurposed many, and have given away more than I can remember. Every grandkid in the family receives a bookshelf 2way when they graduate.
            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I've sold 7 or 8 pairs over the last 15 years or so and I've given away 2 pairs to my older daughter and her hubby, plus one pair to one of their two sons (my younger grandson). My younger daughter isn't interested in speakers, however.
              Paul

Comment

I give all my speakers to my nieces. They love music and really like my work. Made a set for Sis-N-Law and she is very pleased!
                Getting better!:D

Comment

I think I've only sold one pair that wasn't commissioned. Someone had a need for the exact pair that I had just finished up, so it kind of made sense.
                  Mostly I give them to people I love, it makes me happy. Pretty sappy, right?

TomZ
                  *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                  *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

I've been donating to a medical mission auction hosted by the local audio group. I got a tax write off, got to meet great people, and some guys got some decent speakers for cheap. I've got a few I'd like to recoup a few bucks. I'll probable craigs list them this spring and summer. Yes they are all 15 inchers going on the block
                    John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

I prefer to give or sell them to people that I feel will APPRECIATE it.....One of my custom speakers was used as a stepping stool for my niece while they raved about there new iTunes crappy *** speaker. SMDH

Comment

Comment

Either reuse, or give away, in approx. equal proportions.

Comment

In years past, I sold off a few pairs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X