Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

What do you do with your old designs? Sell them, let them sit, re-use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with your old designs? Sell them, let them sit, re-use?

I personally try and sell them, so I can have more cash to try more driver styles. I have had some good success and sometimes now. Sometimes I take a loss, and other times I at least break even. Minu labor. What about the rest of you?
    Just another hobbyiest.

I give them away.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
      I give them away.
      Me too. Makes a great gift!

Comment

I often re-make them into a different system, mostly the boxes.
        Perry Mason talking to his dentist:

"Do you swear to take the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help you God?"

Comment

I have given away a few pair. Never sold any. Mostly I unsolder and save the crossover parts for future projects and repurpose the boxes. The drivers end up sitting on the shelf collecting dust. The project I am bringing to Indy in 2 weeks consists of 13 L boxes I have used twice before. I just machine new removable baffles for them.
          Craig

Comment

Yes, yes, and yes. I've sold a few (the big Victors build is the most recent), repurposed many, and have given away more than I can remember. Every grandkid in the family receives a bookshelf 2way when they graduate.
            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I've sold 7 or 8 pairs over the last 15 years or so and I've given away 2 pairs to my older daughter and her hubby, plus one pair to one of their two sons (my younger grandson). My younger daughter isn't interested in speakers, however.
              Paul

Comment

I give all my speakers to my nieces. They love music and really like my work. Made a set for Sis-N-Law and she is very pleased!
                Getting better!:D

Comment

I think I've only sold one pair that wasn't commissioned. Someone had a need for the exact pair that I had just finished up, so it kind of made sense.
                  Mostly I give them to people I love, it makes me happy. Pretty sappy, right?

TomZ
                  *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                  *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

I've been donating to a medical mission auction hosted by the local audio group. I got a tax write off, got to meet great people, and some guys got some decent speakers for cheap. I've got a few I'd like to recoup a few bucks. I'll probable craigs list them this spring and summer. Yes they are all 15 inchers going on the block
                    John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

I prefer to give or sell them to people that I feel will APPRECIATE it.....One of my custom speakers was used as a stepping stool for my niece while they raved about there new iTunes crappy *** speaker. SMDH

Comment

Comment

Either reuse, or give away, in approx. equal proportions.

Comment

In years past, I sold off a few pairs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X