• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP : Bridge of Sighs

some good Sunday morning jams !

Paper Towers
    RS180P/28F surrounds
    Boombox

For those of us who lived in Southern California, we remember that album's connection to radio station KMET, one of the greatest Rock-N-Roll stations of that era.

Comment

Saw him do this Album Live( waaay back in the 70s )
      "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
      "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Great record: Robin is a much under-rated guitarist.  The only thing I'm not so keen on with the  CD issue of the album is the drum and cymbal sound, just a bit 'tinny' compared to the LP?

He's still around and at least from watching his Youtube clips, playing better than ever.

My favourite track is "Daydream", from "Twice Removed from Yesterday":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos5c4GQyHA

here's a really nice cover by Chantel McGregor, an English blues player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DrB40bYDXw

Geoff

Still can't get rid of these wretched numbers and hash tags, have tried everything! Sorry!
        Last edited by Geoff Millar; 04-15-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

That artwork on the album cover, kind of reminds me of an anal fistula.

Comment

First thing that came to my mind was a Colonoscopy. LOL

Comment

Ah! Great guitar album... a fixture from my early listening days... AE, yes, I'm So Cal born and raised, and thanks for the reminder of the mighty 'MET... Your second thought... well, I'll pass on that. <rimshot>

As for seeing him, never did till about 5yrs ago... First impression. DAAAAAAAM, those old guys sound just like Robin Trower and Jack Dewer!!! Joking aside.. they were amazing!! I was floored with how much they both sounded like did on the album, despite the +40yr of time! Playing better, indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by jonpike View Post
                Ah! Great guitar album... a fixture from my early listening days... AE, yes, I'm So Cal born and raised, and thanks for the reminder of the mighty 'MET... Your second thought... well, I'll pass on that. <rimshot>

As for seeing him, never did till about 5yrs ago... First impression. DAAAAAAAM, those old guys sound just like Robin Trower and Jack Dewer!!! Joking aside.. they were amazing!! I was floored with how much they both sounded like did on the album, despite the +40yr of time! Playing better, indeed!
                ​A little bit of heaven, ninety four point seven, KMET. Did you ever listen to the Dr. Demento Show on Sunday evenings?

Comment

Originally posted by View Post
                  For those of us who lived in Southern California, we remember that album's connection to radio station KMET, one of the greatest Rock-N-Roll stations of that era.
                  KMET was, at least to me, the single best FM station. I logged a lot of time listening to the Mighty Met. Some of Jakson B. Snyderfish's "Fish Report With a Beat" was used in my Jungle Cruise banter.

In addition to listening to Dr. Demento, I went to see him broadcast from the "Silverado Days Festival", way back when.

Good memories. Thank for prompting them.

Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post

KMET was, at least to me, the single best FM station. I logged a lot of time listening to the Mighty Met. Some of Jakson B. Snyderfish's "Fish Report With a Beat" was used in my Jungle Cruise banter.

In addition to listening to Dr. Demento, I went to see him broadcast from the "Silverado Days Festival", way back when.

Good memories. Thank for prompting them.
                    ​Unfortunately KMET went away. I was listening at that very moment when they signed off for the last time and then 94.7 became KTWV. I'm fairly sure that KLOS still remains.
                    You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by View Post

​Unfortunately KMET went away. I was listening at that very moment when they signed off for the last time and then 94.7 became KTWV. I'm fairly sure that KLOS still remains.
                      Yes, I also remember the day KMET ceased playing music and became The Wave.

KLOS remains.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post

Yes, I also remember the day KMET ceased playing music and became The Wave.

KLOS remains.
                        ​On that particular day, Feb 14, 1987, I was in Simi Valley, working with Henry Wolcott of Wolcott Audio.

Comment

A little something that will take you "way back".

http://www.socalradiohistory.com/kmet.html

Comment

Every time I listen to this album it brings back a lot of good memories from a great time in my life.

Comment

Here's Robin talking about his latest gear setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfWl7c0QbMQ

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                              X