No announcement yet.

Moderators, the problem has returned...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators, the problem has returned...

I checked my emails on my home computer just a bit ago, then went to PETT and found 2 messages awaiting me, both from threads to which I'm subscribed and both occurring last night around 9;30, but I did not receive email notifications about them.
    Paul

+1

I got messages for a day, then things went back to broken. I haven't seen enough "good behavior" from the forum software to say whether the fix really happened or not.
    Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
    Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
    The Super Bees - Garage 2 way
    SevenSixTwo - InDIYana 2018 Coax
    The Defiants - InDIYana 2019 "Bare Minimum" Build

Comment

The "fix" did seem to work for several days, but either the fix has broken or it wasn't the correct fix or there's more than one bug needing extermination.
      Paul

Originally posted by KEtheredge87 View Post
      +1

I got messages for a day, then things went back to broken. I haven't seen enough "good behavior" from the forum software to say whether the fix really happened or not.

Comment

Same here....
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

You know, if you stop posting here you won't have that problem anymore. LOL

Comment

This issue has been resolved, thank you for your patience.

Comment

I'm still not getting email notifications. Also, the PE logo at the top now redirects to the forum, when it should redirect to the PE website.
              I also did not type the garbage on the last line of my post. It appeared upon hitting enter the first time.
              Wolf

"Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

We had to install some updates to fix this issue. I jumped the gun a little earlier when I said it was fixed, it should be fixed now and I have confirmed on several different accounts that I am receiving email notifications from TechTalk.

Comment

dave , clicking on PE's logo no longer opens a page to the product web sight ....
                  Paper Towers
                  RS180P/28F surrounds
                  Boombox

Comment

It's now 7:07 PM and it's still not working correctly (no notifications but there are messages awaiting me here).
                    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
                      dave , clicking on PE's logo no longer opens a page to the product web sight ....

Comment

when i click it it is just like clicking the Forums tab underneath it .
                        Paper Towers
                        RS180P/28F surrounds
                        Boombox

Comment

After I turned off my computer last night, I did receive an email notification about djg's Post #11, so maybe it's now working properly?
                          Paul

Comment

Being curious, I noted that similar issues were discussed on web sites for web page developers.
                            A lot of discussion of issues with character set transcription ( example: from old ASCII to UTF8 ) fix was "trap code" to fix such errors(?).
                            Edit - It just happened to this post; and I found upon editing the "Latin A" - It was fixed by eliminating any trailing "white space".
                            "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                            “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                            "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Here's a strange one.

When I try to get on TT on my desktop at work, I get a "website under maintenance" message. I can then go to my tablet, on a different server, and actually get on the site. Clearing cookies didn't help. And as I type I am getting very odd characters appearing as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X