Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Advice on loudspeakers for desktop pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on loudspeakers for desktop pc

Hi! My old logitech Z-340 finally died after several years of service.
    I was told it's better to use bookshelf loudspeakers and an amp.
    Or should I look for decent pc speakers ? I
    Any advice is welcome
    THX

I recommend the Helium or Bantams. There's even a new design called the "passive aggressives". For a simplier, cost effective build, the Sprite separates are good. Most mini amps will power these in near field no problem.

Comment

My PC has a 2.1 system with a 8" Tang Band sub with a PE 2.1 plate amp, along with a pair of various small 2 way speakers I have built. A cheap DAC cleans up the audio, no special sound card. The only store bought PC speakers I have used were very low end 10 dollar units. I really don't know what's available commercially for PC sound.

I'm happy with my setup.

Comment

https://www.diysoundgroup.com/home-a...the-quark.html
        Read about these.

Comment

I agree. Use bookshelf speakers and an amp. I do. Love it.

Comment

Working...
          X