Line Array Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Array Progress

I finally got one of my 20-channel amps working.¬* Each board has 3 ADAU1701 DSP chips, which is enough to have delay and crossovers for every channel.¬* All of the amps work, and each board has its own WiFi audio adapter using a TOSLINK interface.¬* So it's coming along.¬* It uses a Bluetooth adapter for control from a cell phone, and I think I've got a nice user interface for the delay and shading:¬*¬*

Cute balls, eh?

The project is getting documented at:¬*¬*http://www.audiodevelopers.com/10-ca...rray-with-dsp/
    ¬*
    Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Outstanding, Great Work!
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Amazing, inspiring stuff.
      ¬*

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

Yeah, this is kind of incredible... what an undertaking!¬*
          I think the interface is easy and clear too. Except the stick man should have a beard... but other than that, it's good.¬*
          TomZ
          *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
          *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Thanks to all for the encouragement.¬* This is one of those large projects that doesn't always get finished, so it helps to hear from other people who are interested in it.¬* If it turns out to be interesting enough, I'll probably loan it out to events for evaluation.

The interface is done with the MIT App Inventor, which is supposed to be available for IOS sometime this spring (right now it is just Android).¬* The code can be downloaded from the Project Gallery for App Inventor--just search for "line_array".¬* Then you can change the stick man image, or add some red balls¬* .

¬*
            Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Originally posted by neildavis View Post
              Thanks to all for the encouragement.¬* This is one of those large projects that doesn't always get finished, so it helps to hear from other people who are interested in it.¬* If it turns out to be interesting enough, I'll probably loan it out to events for evaluation.

The interface is done with the MIT App Inventor, which is supposed to be available for IOS sometime this spring (right now it is just Android).¬* The code can be downloaded from the Project Gallery for App Inventor--just search for "line_array".¬* Then you can change the stick man image, or add some red balls¬* .

¬*
              Pushing the DSP envelope, impressive.¬* And the little guy seems¬*

Comment

Working...
              X