No announcement yet.

Forum text editor behaving badly . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum text editor behaving badly . . .

Weird extra characters showing up.

If I add a double space at the end of a sentence a strange character and asterisk show up.* Like here before this sentence.

What's the deal with the forum editor?
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

I've been having the same problem, with #194 and #300 characters coming up in most posts, very strange

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Millar View Post
      I've been having the same problem, with #194 and #300 characters coming up in most posts, very strange

Geoff
      Happened to me recently too; being curious, I noted that similar issues were discussed on web sites for web page developers.
      Not being versed in PHP, but there was a lot of mention of a character set transcription issue (example: from old ASCII to UTF8 ) with "trap code" to fix such errors(?).
      Edit - It just happened to this post and I found upon editing the "Latin A". It was fixed by eliminating the end "white space".
      Last edited by Sydney; 04-24-2018, 10:43 AM.
      "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
      “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
      "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Pete , I think Putin and Fancy Bear have corrupted the forum. That fountain of truth (Conspiracy theories) Alex Jones claims Hillary and the "Darkie" deep state are
        responsible, but only Oliver North knows for sure.

Comment

Not just that, but the site doesn't seem to work in Firefox anymore.**
          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
          Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

Pete , I think Putin and Fancy Bear have corrupted the forum. That fountain of truth (Conspiracy theories) Alex Jones claims Hillary and the "Darkie" deep state are
            responsible, but only Oliver North knows for sure.
            Ollie explains all in this youtube video.

Comment

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post

Ollie explains all in this youtube video
                That was awesome Mike, I never saw that episode. I do enjoy watching his current show "Wartime stories" it seems historically accurate and very informative.

Comment

Me, too.
                  Paul

Comment

It's collusion I tell you, collusion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Collusion.jpg Views:	1 Size:	170.2 KB ID:	1373771

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

That was awesome Mike, I never saw that episode. I do enjoy watching his current show "Wartime stories" it seems historically accurate and very informative.
                      Shatner's gig as SNL host was memorable.* Loved the Enterprise as a Revolving Restaurant" **** featuring Dana Carvy as Khan. The "Get a Life" convention skit was over the top: "For crying out loud it was just a TV show. I mean look at the way your dressed".* His other non-trek skits were good as well.

Comment

Comment

We keep quoting The Fonz. *Aaaaa

Comment

Well, if current events ever turn into a bio pic, I know who should play Michael Cohen.
                            nothing can stop me now

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
                              Well, if current events ever turn into a bio pic, I know who should play Michael Cohen.
                              Dirk were you on Duck Dynasty?

Comment

Working...
                              X