Lone Star Audio Fest May 4-6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Star Audio Fest May 4-6

I'll be there in the Selah Audio room. I believe there will be some DIY exhibit rooms as well. Attendance is free!*http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

i will be there again ! every year i post with little to no response . one of the biggest cities in the country ,the biggest state and nada ! its to be bigger this year than ever , i hope so ! every year it looks like the last . i look forward to seeing the regulars and hopefully a lot of new folks....
    donc

Comment

I will try to drop by. The lack of organization and very mediocre sound of most of the exhibits makes this a chore to work up a lot of enthusiasm for this event. Maybe I am just getting old and tired. There usually a couple of good sounding set ups.

Comment

I just saw the email reminder from my Legacy Audio email subscription.* I'm thinking about it.* Only an 8 hour drive each way, LOL.

Comment

I need to find a way to get better connected to DIY/Audio things TX...I have a pretty full family weekend, but will try and head up to Dallas from Austin Sunday morning and catch some of this.
          I have tried in past years, but the Audio gods have thwarted me each time...
          Andy

Comment

Looks like I'll be there Saturday and Sunday Morning.**

Comment

Heard Ricks speaker at LSAF. Scanspeak Be tweeter, Accuton ceramic mid, SB Acoustics Aluminum/ceramic woofer. Passive Crossover tweeter/mid active crossover bass/mid and tweeter. MiniDSP and ICE amp built into the speaker. Sealed bass with Eq from MiniDSP. VERY smooth with no trace of hardness. My first chance to hear any of these drivers. Very natural and high resolution. I could live with these and I think the price was around 5 grand. Tried to hear the Magicos but the room was full and the door locked. Very small show that seems get smaller every year.*

Comment

Originally posted by fdieck View Post
                Heard Ricks speaker at LSAF. Scanspeak Be tweeter, Accuton ceramic mid, SB Acoustics Aluminum/ceramic woofer. Passive Crossover tweeter/mid active crossover bass/mid and tweeter. MiniDSP and ICE amp built into the speaker. Sealed bass with Eq from MiniDSP. VERY smooth with no trace of hardness. My first chance to hear any of these drivers. Very natural and high resolution. I could live with these and I think the price was around 5 grand. Tried to hear the Magicos but the room was full and the door locked. Very small show that seems get smaller every year.*
                Which room is that?* I'd like to check it out..

Nvm, found it.

Comment

Selah Audio I think it was 227.

Comment

So I checked my first LSAF...Nice weekend all to myself...6hrs each way, but that's nothing for a Texas drive...Kinda cool, but as most shows that showcase high-end stuff, you hardly hear anything other than "the same ol' thing"...Mostly Ladies vocals, solo instruments, Stevie Ray Vaughn,etc...I requested death metal in one room and they put on a Michael Jackson song and cranked it up, LOL......I guess it's time for me to get my build up and running to have my own death metal demo room...Earplugs required for all auditioners...

What my room would sound like...

Comment

I got to hear the Magico (the10K per pair one I think) It was quite nice even for 10 thousand clams. Dynamic, big sound stage, smooth. The one that rocked my world was the Volti Audio three way horn with a bass *reflex sub that the designer refused to call a sub since only went down to the mid 20s I think. Effortless dynamics, uncolored vocals, precise imaging with big soundstage that I thought would be impossible with big horns. The designer owned Klipsch LaScalas as teen and got the horn bug. Sounded like music not loudspeakers. The designer is a master woodworker who build who builds the curved cabinets and vacuum bags the veneer.*
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice meeting everyone at the show. Great time!

Comment

One person I missed was Bob Brines. I realize he retired his business, Brines Acoustics, but I was hoping he would show up at LSAF with his great sounding setup.*

Comment

Working...
                          X