Funk Music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wogg View Post
    Nice! As a bass player by night my core is all funk. Everything from the jazz side like MM&W to the rock side like Infectious Grooves and weirdos like Primus. It's all about that rhythm section. I think the above has covered a lot of my selections, I'll add if I think of more later. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There is absolutely nothing weird about a big brown bea ver. Take it back. Primus is very different, really well recorded music though.

really PE, you can't type b e a v e r as a word. Pretty ridiculous.
    Last edited by craigk; 04-30-2018, 08:11 PM.
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by wogg View Post
      Nice! As a bass player by night my core is all funk. Everything from the jazz side like MM&W to the rock side like Infectious Grooves and weirdos like Primus. It's all about that rhythm section. I think the above has covered a lot of my selections, I'll add if I think of more later. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Are you familiar with Wizard? I love this man's bass playing, and Baby Jean is one of the greatest. I think that Mothers Finest should have been one of the most popular bands ever.* They have been around for 40 plus years, and are still killing it live. Glenn.

Comment

And after Sly, along came GCS! Mr. Larry Graham funkin' da bass! Glenn.

Comment

Might I offer up the Budos Band for your consideration. One of my favs.
          David
          Photos of projects and stuff
          http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz109/davidc549/
          My furniture web site.
          http://www.crewesfurniture.com/
          My gallery web site (Still trying to get that going)
          http://area61onmain.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Crewe View Post
            Might I offer up the Budos Band for your consideration. One of my favs.
            David
            I would have sworn I wrote them above, but yes they are on my short list also
            John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Earth Wind & Fire
              Bruno Mars

Ron
              C-Note Iron Driver Build
              The Lydias
              The Cherry π's
              The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
              My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                And where is Sly & the Family Stone
                That was my first thought too!

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post

There is absolutely nothing weird about a big brown bea ver. Take it back. Primus is very different, really well recorded music though.

really PE, you can't type b e a v e r as a word. Pretty ridiculous.
                  I don't think Mr. Claypool would have a problem being called weird * He certainly defies the laws of tradition and has no use for genre.
                  Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                  Wogg Music

Comment

Not familiar with this one... I'm going to have to get my headphones and check it out.
                    Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                    Wogg Music

Comment

Alissia Benveniste
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggPooXtzUD0

Ron
                      C-Note Iron Driver Build
                      The Lydias
                      The Cherry π's
                      My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Morris Day and the Time

Ron

C-Note Iron Driver Build
                        The Lydias
                        The Cherry π's
                        My Projects Page

Comment

re: Jungle Love - The late Steve Ferguson did an outstanding cover of that song with & the Midwest Creole Ensemble. Ferguson brought that Louisiana Gumbo element to funk; along with guys like Dr. John.
                          George Duke got a mention early ( post #9), a LOT of solo work, along with many collaborations ( F.Z, The Brecker Brothers,etc,etc, and including The Billy Cobham & George Duke Band.

And the late great Bernie Worrell
                          "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                          “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
                            *really PE, you can't type b e a v e r as a word. Pretty ridiculous.
                            Well, related to this as well as the recent problems with the forum editor, thread alerts, weak search engine, etc...I'm quite confident that PE does not write the code for this forum software or personally create the list of banned words. I'd be surprised if anyone at PE has ever even looked at the list of banned words as it probably just comes with the package.

Comment

Never heard of them until now.* That's some good stuff.* Have a favorite album?

I haven't had a chance to go through any of the other recommendations, but I'm sure there will be some other great stuff.

Dan
                              The Hurricanes
                              The Baronettes
                              Conneccentric
                              UX3

Comment

I love this album, but I am a fan of the band, in general. BB Queen also played drums with Molly Hatchet, as well as The Outlaws. They're all from Georgia. Glenn.

Comment

Working...
                                X