What to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

Sorry for not posting for a long time, my wife of 28 years has decided to go her own way. Sad.
    Anyway, I am left with 8 Dayton Audio PA165-8 6" PA Driver Speakers in the box and 8 Goldwood GT-1016 2" x 5" Wide Dispersion Piezo Horn Tweeter.
    I was going to make a PA box out of them, but I need some options on what to do with them after all this is over and I can land somewhere. I'd love to make some shop speakers w/a small sub...
    What else can I do with these?

Thanks so much guys!

Gary
    Getting better!:D

Sorry to hear of your pending divorce , that was one painful nightmare of an experience do your self a big favor and get into some type of a group talk session, it helped keep me off the ledge and made good friends too, take care of yourself too I wish you well, ....those dayton drivers are nice !

Steve -

Comment

Originally posted by garychelette View Post
      Sorry for not posting for a long time, my wife of 28 years has decided to go her own way. Sad.
      Gary
      Talk about it, yes continuously, regardless of any social stigma. Joining a support group is an excellent recommendation.

Comment

Pour your heart and sole into building enormous speakers.*

Comment

Thanks for the support, guys. I do want to make something special out of these so I can play them loud!* What will happen if I mount them in a 2 across2down config? Instead of a 4 down config?

Comment

Gary,

You don't know me and you don't need my advice.

However, I was married for 27 (mostly hell-ish) years to a narcissist, and finally divorced my ex-wife after her 2nd affair.

After being single for a bit, I met a wonderful woman. We have now been married over 8 years. FWIW - the last 8 years with the right person by far outweigh what I endured for 27 years with the wrong person.

May good things and good people fill your future.

Beau
            Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

What will happen if I mount them in a 2 across2down config? Instead of a 4 down config?
              Halved horizontal dispersion in the mids, comb filtering in the highs. My SLA Pro is an example of how you should build a 2x6 or 4x6.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
              www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                Halved horizontal dispersion in the mids, comb filtering in the highs. My SLA Pro is an example of how you should build a 2x6 or 4x6.

Thank you, Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                  Gary,

You don't know me and you don't need my advice.

However, I was married for 27 (mostly hell-ish) years to a narcissist, and finally divorced my ex-wife after her 2nd affair.

After being single for a bit, I met a wonderful woman. We have now been married over 8 years. FWIW - the last 8 years with the right person by far outweigh what I endured for 27 years with the wrong person.

May good things and good people fill your future.

Beau
                  Thanks Beau!

Comment

..8 Dayton Audio PA165-8 6" PA Driver Speakers in the box and 8 Goldwood GT-1016 2" x 5" Wide Dispersion Piezo Horn Tweeter....
                    Personally I'd go smaller and more modular ( perhaps 4 cabs rather than 2 ). Easier transporting and more configuration options ( The older I get the lighter the liftin' I wanna do ).
                    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Sole or soul? Don't you just love homonyms?

Comment

Sole or soul? Don't you just love homonyms?
                        LOL, woops.

Comment

Well , the divorce is final and it's now a waiting game for the bank. Once everything is divided, ADIOS.
                          So sad....

Comment

Working...
                          X