Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your suggestion. Fix before selling or sell as is?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your suggestion. Fix before selling or sell as is?

So I have a really nice pair of focal*woofers I purchased back in the day. Excellent drivers. I think I paid $200 for each one.* The dust cap needs a little care. Got a bit worn It does not affect the sound, but visually it is an eye sore.

replace the dust caps?*Have any of you attempted it? I know parts express sells dust caps. Or should I even try and sell as is?
    On the cheap diy. That is my motto - www.hifiposse.com

Do you have any pics?

Comment

I will take some pics and tell me what you think. thanks

Comment

you have a p.m.
        craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Here are some pics.* The dust*caps were pushed in by the little ones a few times. If you have kids around you know how they love doing that for some reason.

Comment

Dang, nice woofers. Too bad they got the tiny little finger treatment. Same thing happened to a set of poly cone woofers I was regularly listening to. I was able to pop out the dust cones, but a crease forever remains. If you are selling the FOCAL woofers, why bother to fix them, unless of course the before and after differences are worth the $. How much are you asking for them?

Comment

I'd be keeping 'em ( patched up worse).
              "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
              “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
              "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X