Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Your suggestion. Fix before selling or sell as is?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hobbyhands
    started a topic Your suggestion. Fix before selling or sell as is?

Your suggestion. Fix before selling or sell as is?

So I have a really nice pair of focal*woofers I purchased back in the day. Excellent drivers. I think I paid $200 for each one.* The dust cap needs a little care. Got a bit worn It does not affect the sound, but visually it is an eye sore.

replace the dust caps?*Have any of you attempted it? I know parts express sells dust caps. Or should I even try and sell as is?

• hobbyhands
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sydney
    replied
    I'd be keeping 'em ( patched up worse).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dang, nice woofers. Too bad they got the tiny little finger treatment. Same thing happened to a set of poly cone woofers I was regularly listening to. I was able to pop out the dust cones, but a crease forever remains. If you are selling the FOCAL woofers, why bother to fix them, unless of course the before and after differences are worth the $. How much are you asking for them?

Leave a comment:

• hobbyhands
    replied
    Here are some pics.* The dust*caps were pushed in by the little ones a few times. If you have kids around you know how they love doing that for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    you have a p.m.

Leave a comment:

• hobbyhands
    replied
    I will take some pics and tell me what you think. thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you have any pics?

Leave a comment: