Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is more accurate? Vas or Mass Delta?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is more accurate? Vas or Mass Delta?

When measuring a driver, what's the more accurate method in practice, not just in theory?

I'm working with some smaller 3"-4" drivers and I wonder if my hand-waving estimates of driver displacement volume in this 1.5L box are enough to throw off a delta Vas measurement. Okay then, maybe I'll look at delta mass instead. But if I go that way, now I'm using a glob of blue putty and pocket change, which strike me as a fairly lossy thing to be attaching to the cone (not to mention my scale accuracy & precision).
    nothing can stop me now

Just do the parameter sweep and then use the published moving mass of the driver to calculate the rest if you're worried about blue putty and nickels.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Working...
    X