Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool little speaker! Any idea what that yellow passive radiator or driver is?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool little speaker! Any idea what that yellow passive radiator or driver is?

https://de-film.com/v-sb-acoustics-w...J_akgDwys.html
    ¬*

Somebody here can probably explain better than I can, but passive radiators are like vents. They can be used instead of vents when the cabinet is too small for a vent tube. You have to have double the radiator size so there is probably another one on the other side. Those are nice speakers!

Comment

Thanks.¬* I should clarify, I know the function of a passive radiator, but I wonder if anyone knows the particular passive radiator model in use in the speaker?¬* Or is it maybe a woofer converted into a PR?¬* They are cool, aren't they!

Comment

That same question was asked by one of the commenters on the site and the answer was: właśnie miałem Ci lina wysłać, oglądnij w HD
        Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by jonbourg View Post
          Somebody here can probably explain better than I can, but passive radiators are like vents. They can be used instead of vents when the cabinet is too small for a vent tube. You have to have double the radiator size so there is probably another one on the other side. Those are nice speakers!
          No, you don't need to use a double sized passive radiator. My personal rule of thumb is to use a one size larger when it comes to passive radiators.

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
            w≥aúnie mia≥em Ci lina wys≥aś, oglĻdnij w HD
            What?

Comment

Originally posted by View Post
              What?
              If you look at the reponses on he webpage, you will see that that was the response to the question!
              Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

In the film credits it identifies the passive as a Seas and gives the model number. IIRC it was 22 taf/g but don't hold me to that.¬*

Comment

A careful reading of the comments leads me to believe the passive radiator is made from "an old broken speaker". The Seas 22taf/g is the tweeter. The SB is the woofer. The cab is to my eye not an old broken item. The only thing left is the passive radiator, to my mind a broken speaker could easily be made into a passive radiator. Just my NSHO.

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post

If you look at the reponses on he webpage, you will see that that was the response to the question!
                    Yeah, I get it, but I was hoping someone would translate it for the rest of us.

Comment

Yes, her replied to me and said an old broken speaker.¬* The other message in Polish really has nothing to do with speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dst View Post
                        ...replied to me and said an old broken speaker...
                        It might be Vifa/Typhany MG18WK09, PE p/n 297-364.
                        Last edited by JRT; 05-13-2018, 09:19 PM.
                        "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                        of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                        - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                        A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                        (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

I also was thinking MG...
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                            A careful reading of the comments leads me to believe the passive radiator is made from "an old broken speaker". The Seas 22taf/g is the tweeter. radiator. Just my NSHO.
                            Oops! My bad.¬*

Comment

Working...
                            X