Speaker break in - is it real?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
    Figured it meant more coming from Klippel, rather than a non-guru such as myself.
    I suppose when it comes to actually hearing a before and after difference, that is where the majority of dissension occurs.

Comment

I have no doubt some people are really able to hear better than others, partly from less deterioration of their hearing due to sonic damage and/or aging, and partly due to very specific training from listening, but I'm also sure that some people, maybe lots, have a much better imagination than hearing, easily influenced by expectations for a variety of reasons. I make no claims about my hearing ability nor am I pointing fingers at anyone specifically.
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
        I have no doubt some people are really able to hear better than others, partly from less deterioration of their hearing due to sonic damage and/or aging, and partly due to very specific training from listening, but I'm also sure that some people, maybe lots, have a much better imagination than hearing, easily influenced by expectations for a variety of reasons. I make no claims about my hearing ability nor am I pointing fingers at anyone specifically.
        Paul
        Presbycusis.

Comment

that is where the majority of dissension occurs.
          Dissension indeed - Much nasty ado about personal perception.
          "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
          “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Presbycusis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
              Dissension indeed - Much nasty ado about personal perception.
              I have discovered that even very used woofers if re-boxed and re-shelved for an extended period of time, their suspensions stiffen up again. Also, the continuous pull of gravity can set the voice coil either high or low in the gap, resulting in some audible distortion. So yes, broken in drivers usually do sound better. Mr. Bill might choose to disagree based on his personal perceptions.

Comment

lol

Comment

lol
                  As usual,* you are the only one laughing.
                  craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post

as usual, you are the only one laughing.
                    Why don't you start cussing and cursing, name calling like you usually do, then this thread will get locked down too! LOL

Comment

Drama Queen too.
                      craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Drama Queen too.
                        Histrionic. LOL

Comment

Comment

Lets hear it. With some drivers I think there is a very noticeable change in sound. I think it is even more noticeable on tweeters though. I also think part of what is going on, when drivers are in the cabs, is the cross over parts burning in. I think with tweeters it takes longer for them to break in and really open up.*
                            craigk

Comment

. . . the crossover parts burning in.
                              BwaaHahahahaha.

Comment

Working...
                              X