Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the high end frequency need to be addressed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the high end frequency need to be addressed?

Was looking at the spec sheet on this tweeter that was just announced:* https://www.parts-express.com/peerle...eter--264-1676
    It is my understanding that the human ear can typically only go up to 20k hertz.* However, the spec sheet shows some "funky" things going on maybe starting around 30K.* Would one even need to address that?*

If you wanted to address the issue at least the parts to do it would be very small.* If there's some harmonic content making it to the tweeter then a tank circuit would help mitigate any potential down range problems.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

That's typical of hard dome tweeters IMO. The breakup nodes are pushed into supersonic range, and show up on extended graphs like that. There are only a couple things I can think of that could excite that, and whether or not your ears will notice is debatable:
      • You routinely listen to HD audio at high sample rates (88k or 96k sample rate sources), and that source actually has content up there
      • You clip or otherwise distort your source system so harmonics start showing up into supersonic range, which are then boosted by that tweeter
      Generally, I wouldn't worry about that so much. That tweeter looks great to me (pending the obvious I haven't heard it yet caveat)
      Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
      Wogg Music

Comment

Working...
      X