Anyone recognize this design?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recognize this design?

Even if the crossover is an unknown, looks like a salvageable build if the drivers are still good.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

So basically build a new XO for the mystery box.. I guess this is an inexpensive way to go down the crossover rabbit hole *

Comment

How much? How do they sound as is?

Comment

They are $50 I didnt buy them or look at them yet.. Was tempted but I have enough projects..*

Comment

Definitely worth the price for parts
            A mains
            The Ventures
            Open Invit8tions
            RSR
            Sound Troopers
            Acorns
            DGBG's
            The Monuments

Comment

It is.. but how much should I spend in measurement equipment/software after the fact? (keep in mind this might be a sunk cost anyways)

Comment

Originally posted by xsilverjag View Post
                It is.. but how much should I spend in measurement equipment/software after the fact? (keep in mind this might be a sunk cost anyways)
                If the measurement gear isn't your thing, and I can understand that, first evaluate the units as is. If they don't make the grade, part them out and you have one, two or even three projects to pursue. You could come out ahead even if you never use or sell one pair of drivers. Judging from the coil that's visible, don't ignore the value of the crossover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by turn2 View Post

If the measurement gear isn't your thing, and I can understand that, first evaluate the units as is. If they don't make the grade, part them out and you have one, two or even three projects to pursue. You could come out ahead even if you never use or sell one pair of drivers. Judging from the coil that's visible, don't ignore the value of the crossover parts.
                  I think it will be..I should probably start a new post soon on where to begin.*

Comment

Working...
                  X