A very cool looking home built loudspeaker showcased on a youtube channel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very cool looking home built loudspeaker showcased on a youtube channel

A very cool looking home built loudspeaker showcased on a youtube channel ...just thought people would like to see it on here.. this should give people some fresh ideas on what they could come up with....just thought I would share this, I thought they looked a bit "futuristic".

They remind me of those PVC pipe speaker builds....I am not really concerned about cosmetics just as long as they sound good.

Comment

Loudspeaker, or deity?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
        Loudspeaker, or deity?
        I am both. 1st they have to sound good. But a close second is cosmetics. Thank for the share. Always looking for good ideas
        On the cheap diy. That is my motto - www.hifiposse.com

Comment

though, I would have used the vertical tube on the top as the port.... keep it outside and not use internal volume. Looks like it has an internal port too below the woofer

Comment

His turntable stand is interesting, though the turntable would never survive my lab/beagle mix playing with a tennis ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
              Loudspeaker, or deity?
              They must be good because it looks like he is praying to them!

Comment

Peerless SDF250, SS Rev 15W/8530, and an AMT likely from Hygaeia.

Interesting, but highly diffractive.

Later,
                Wolf
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

You can just look at the photo and know the drivers , wow ...you are "The Wolf"

Comment

Okay- the mid has 5 mounting holes, and is a doped slit cone, ie- the 15W/8530. As to what model the K00 or K01 is only known by magnet size visually.

I was wrong, BTW- the woofers are Peerless 835016 XXLS models, not the SDF. The surround and dustcap size were off for the SDF, and the SDF does not have the small chamfer on the frame edge. I did know it was definitely a Peerless woofer. I also knew it was a 10", by reference size of the midrange. It's too small to be a 12". The XLS has different cone color/sheen profile than the XXLS, which is all the same color and material.

The tweeter is definitely a square-opening AMT. The Airborne RT-4001 or Hygaeia equivalent. The AMTs like from where Dayton Audio sources them*have a larger faceplate, and the screw mounting holes are farther from the membrane opening.

So- deductive reasoning says these are the drivers used.
                    Care to post the link to the YouTube vid?

Later,
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Certainly, was not aware I could post links. here you are.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cw-ZQXLRbY

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                        ...Interesting, but highly diffractive....
                        A sparsely furnished room too...
                        ( nothing like bare reflective parallel surfaces for great acoustics )
                        "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                        “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Sounds to me like they have big bucks to spend on amps and speakers have looked at some of his other ones and the amps they are using left me drooling.

Comment

My guess is he's a bachelor
                            "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                            “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                            "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Ha Ha Ha you think ? with that rig in the living room , he may of been given a choice me or your sound equipment and ..yes he chose the sound equipment.. if that's the case then he is an intelligent guy.. Ha !

Comment

Working...
                              X