Noobie Needing Help on Speaker Selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobie Needing Help on Speaker Selection

I'm looking into making an omni directional bluetooth speaker with a budget of about $400 for speakers/electronics/blue tooth amplifier.

I'm looking at a cylindrical speaker box setup similar to google home / Alexia speaker style, but on a larger scale.. somewhere in a 12" dia x 24" tall. (Preferred size, but can change to optimize sound quality)

I was thinking of a couple of full range speakers, tweeters, and a subwoofer.* I'm new to the scene and looking at all the different options is making my head spin.
    I was hoping someone with some knowledge can help me select the right components for my next build.
    I'm plan on running the system off of a laptop type power supply.

My first build: http://projectgallery.parts-express....and-bluetooth/

Thanks in advance,
    I know I left my request a bit vague, but I'm so new to this, I don't even know what to ask. I would appreciate any links to parts.

I'll take this opportunity to show my omni surround speaker. Horn loaded Dayton ND20 (ahead of its time), 8" Seas with the faux phase plug removed and the tweeter mounted in a rather fussy PVC pipe. Horn doubles as a sound disperser (words fail me). Not my design, the idea of a speaker facing up into a cone has been around for a while, but using the cone as a tweeter horn is not so common, at least in my experience. There is or was a design in the PE project pages kind of like this arrangement, smaller, no tweeter.

These sound very good shoved back in the corners of my listening space, much better than TMs on stands pointed inward.

Comment

Working...
    X