No announcement yet.

VituixCAD v2 released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few small but helpful changes done to wiring since previous post. I've no development plans for wiring anymore, though list of possibilities is endless (unlike my programming resources and life expectancy). Some circuit simulators and schematic capturing tools could be better, but I suppose this is quite adequate for crossover simulator. Improvement suggestions will be read as before.

2.0.3.5 (2018-06-13)
    * Segment of an existing hor/ver wire is splitted and junction created if user clicks intermediate point while adding new wire. Wire to be added won't split even it travels via component terminal or endpoint or corner of some existing wire.
    * Black dot is drawn to common nodes of two (or more) wires to visualise junctions. Dots are not rendered while adding and dragging, to library block images and wires not connected to network.

2.0.3.4 (2018-06-12)
    * Wire propagation and terminal pairing improved to get red dot to all terminals which are not connected to other terminal.
    * Black dot removed from wire ends to avoid giving impression that wire is connected to another wire if it is not.

2.0.3.3 (2018-06-12)
    * Fixed crash with incomplete network. Bug since 2.0.3.1 (2018-06-10), related to data types of new high speed network solver.

Comment

First of all I would like to thank you about your work and contribution to the community. I know what you do is not easy and require a lot of time. I downloaded the software and played a bit compared it to my LspCad 5.xx I use for the simulations. I am truly impressed with the functionality of your soft, however let me make a couple of comments which are very critical for me and spoil the joy of having all other cool stuff. Everything I say is in my opinion and have only one intention -- to help you to improve your already great product.

1. First and most important. Drag'n'drop stuff. It may be cool and exciting for some one who just started to move different components and align them on the screen to make crossover look cool. For me efficiency and functionality is way more important. Look at LspCad 5, there you just chose components topologies with simple L||C symbols and most important as soon as you chose it it is already connected, you dont need to waste your time to pull the wires and align in on the screen. That is fast and dead to the point. Is it possible to make (go back) to something like that? XO are most of the time like building blocks, so If you chose a component or some pre but block can you do it in the specific position so it comes already connected and positioned? Is it possible to make an auto tracer for the wires so you just chose end and start point and it will do it for you? That would save a lot of time. If you want to make a nice layout and move component there can be a layout window somewhere where you can move it for visual appeal.

2. Component values editing. Same Something like in LspCad5 if you are in the MID network it wold be great to have just a list of the values so you can edit them fast without clicking on graphical representation of the components.

3. I could not find a way to upload a target response so it is visible on the main SPL graph. This function is important and should be very accessible as most people use measured phase response and set the drivers Z offset by matching a combined response from several drivers.

4. That is a long shot, but is there any way this software can be developed for Mac OS? There are many many people with macs who will be happy. Finally FuzzMeaure is pretty stable and works for Mac so with your software working under OSX will help people to get read of virtual machines and have everything mac native. I don't know if the forum allows to discuss that, but if you need some investments for that. We can open one of those kickstarters pages, will spread the word and I am sure will be able to find some money to cover the expense. Mac people will pay! hehe :-)

Anyway, I will be testing your software whenever I have free time and will come back with more comments if you dont mind. I am very excited. I love LspCad but it may be a time for it to go...

Thank you again!

Originally posted by kimmosto View Post
      Few small but helpful changes done to wiring since previous post. I've no development plans for wiring anymore, though list of possibilities is endless (unlike my programming resources and life expectancy). Some circuit simulators and schematic capturing tools could be better, but I suppose this is quite adequate for crossover simulator. Improvement suggestions will be read as before.

2.0.3.5 (2018-06-13)
      * Segment of an existing hor/ver wire is splitted and junction created if user clicks intermediate point while adding new wire. Wire to be added won't split even it travels via component terminal or endpoint or corner of some existing wire.
      * Black dot is drawn to common nodes of two (or more) wires to visualise junctions. Dots are not rendered while adding and dragging, to library block images and wires not connected to network.

2.0.3.4 (2018-06-12)
      * Wire propagation and terminal pairing improved to get red dot to all terminals which are not connected to other terminal.
      * Black dot removed from wire ends to avoid giving impression that wire is connected to another wire if it is not.

2.0.3.3 (2018-06-12)
      * Fixed crash with incomplete network. Bug since 2.0.3.1 (2018-06-10), related to data types of new high speed network solver.

Comment

Yes, build a port and make the Macsicans pay for it!
        I'm in.
        Just not only for the latest MacOS.

Comment

Originally posted by RBG View Post
          ...compared it to my LspCad 5.xx...
          ...Look at LspCad 5,
          ...Something like in LspCad5...
          You should download the latest VituixCAD 1.1 if you are big fan of good old LspCAD 5.25. That uses the same blocks and few more in formal ladder with decade faster UI and features. It has been available for 4 years now.

3. I could not find a way to upload a target response
          Power & DI chart has two overlays for frequency responses, and one for DI. Should be quite adequate as loadable targets. Optimizer uses straight (tilted) lines for total SPL and Power response. Loadable file is available for optimising Filter's magnitude response. These are common in versions 1.1 and 2.0.

...is there any way this software can be developed for Mac OS?
          I doubt that, but Win & .NET virtual machines might work on Mac OS already. I suppose "native" .NET engine won't happen in Mac.

Comment

https://www.howtogeek.com/187359/5-w...ware-on-a-mac/

Mono is one option but that could be too unreliable.
            https://www.mono-project.com/

Comment

Setup of the latest 2.0.3.6 build includes also Library\Passive_blocks_V1.zip containing all blocks of version 1. Unzip files to VituixCAD\Library folder if you have old projects to convert from 1 to 2 or find blocks useful otherwise.
              New build enables also purging of this kind of "stupid" blocks without attributes via Tune block window.

Comment

Video lesson for basic functions of crossover network: https://youtu.be/v_cd3V4mbiA

Comment

Originally posted by kimmosto View Post
                  Video lesson for basic functions of crossover network: https://youtu.be/v_cd3V4mbiA
                  Very helpful Kimmo.

Comment

Very good, thanks.
                    Adding of intermediate node to existing wire by moving component (terminal) at the wire is mentioned but not shown. I suppose users figure that out.

P.S. FaitalPRO drivers 6"...18" (61 pcs) are added to online database of Enclosure tool.

Comment

Working...
                    X