No announcement yet.

VituixCAD v2 released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the update! I was wondering if there any way to change the size of the Summed freq response on the screen? It is cool to have all plots on the left, but sometime you want to have bigger one for the summer response.

Comment

Originally posted by RBG View Post
      ...Summed freq response on the screen? It is cool to have all plots on the left..
      Do you mean graph of Calculator tool or Merger tool, or main program (having graphs on the right)?

Comment

Main program, sorry for that. That one.

Comment

^Double click the image to zoom in and out.

Comment

Thank you so much! The more I play with your software the more I find it to be so good!

One more question, more for measurements.

Do you have in mind measuring drivers on its axis for each drivers? If so you will have “reconstructed/simulated” responses on listening axis for drivers which are it on the axis.

As another way, is it possible to measure on a listening axis (let’s say tweeter) and then not moving the mic measure all other drivers and use those responses? In this case how are we going to use those off-axis measurements to model all off axis responses with the software? Do I make any sense?

Comment

Maybe I've already linked this pdf here: Preparation of response measurements for crossover simulation with VituixCAD
              That system is a bit complex but quite professional and valid for any construction no matter driver types (cone/done/planar/horn), how many drivers/ways you have, where they are located and how aimed. So, you should not try to avoid mic moving or speaker lifting to measure different drivers because individual origin for each driver allows (quasi) 3D simulation producing power and DI responses and off-axis responses in both planes. However, if speaker is small 2-way or 3-way with circular radiators, you can keep mic at the same elevation (between the drivers) while measuring tweeter and mid-woofer in horizontal plane.
              Recommended tools and method may look too complex in the beginning but also beginners have succeeded to design full size WWMTMWW ready at once - without need of crossover tuning by listening or room response measurements.

Comment

Thank you! I think those capabilities of the VituixCAD are just amazing. No those measurements do not look complicated at all pretty much what you should do if you want to get as much of your mic as possible. Contrarily, I think those are really good instructions for a beginner, for someone experienced you know what exact measurements you need, what to expect from a certain XO topology and driver arrangements, so not always necessary to sim everything. Just double check it with real measurements in the end :-). However, if you are up to something crazy, that where were your software is the top!
                Oh i dont know if it was discussed, in the optimizer is it possible to make the range for optimization somehow graphical? Lines like in LspCad maybe? (I am using v1, maybe it is already implemented in v2

Comment

Originally posted by RBG View Post
                  ...is it possible to make the range for optimization somehow graphical? ... (I am using v1, maybe it is already implemented in v2
                  Version 2.0:
                  Ends of target lines indicate optimized frequency range with all selections.

Version 1.1:
                  Ends of Axial response and Power response target lines indicate optimized frequency range.
                  Optimized range of Axial response of Way and Filter gain of Driver are not graphically visualized. User should look values in the text boxes.

Comment

Rev. 2.0.3.11 (2018-07-15)
                    Selected component can be replaced by pressing Ctrl key while clicking menu button. Active block can be replaced with another active, and passive component (LCR) with another passive. Values of parameters with the same name and unit are copied to replacement component. Driver, ground, library block and wire cannot be replaced directly without delete->add.

Comment

Rev 2.0.3.12 (2018-07-21)

* Automatic part numbering added for passive (LCR) and active (U) components. Part number is shown in crossover schematic by checking View->Part #.
                      * Part # added to curve tooltips of resistors and inductors in Power dissipation window.
                      * Pmax added to curve tooltip of resistors in Power dissipation window.
                      * Part # of passive and active components saved to project file (.vxp) and library blocks (.vxl).
                      * Type and Nbr columns replaced with Part # column in Library block parameter window. Part # created if not found in existing/old library block file. Part # forced to show in schematic while creating new library block.
                      * OP amps. added to Parts list.

Active buffers will be associated with power amps later to restore impedance and output power responses for each "way" as they are in version 1.1.

Comment

Working...
                      X