X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kimmosto
    replied
    Originally posted by RBG View Post
    ...Summed freq response on the screen? It is cool to have all plots on the left..
    Do you mean graph of Calculator tool or Merger tool, or main program (having graphs on the right)?

Leave a comment:

• RBG
    replied
    Thank you for the update! I was wondering if there any way to change the size of the Summed freq response on the screen? It is cool to have all plots on the left, but sometime you want to have bigger one for the summer response.

Leave a comment:

• kimmosto
    replied
    Rev 2.0.3.10 (2018-07-10)

* Shelving frequency at middle gain checkbox "finally" added to Options window. If checked, nominal frequency of generic active shelving filters (not OPA) is at middle gain in dB. If not checked, shelving frequency is nominal frequency of the low/high-pass part.
    Check with dbx DriveRack, Hypex AS/PSC/DSP/DLCP, miniDSP (Basic), Xilica XA/XP. Uncheck with Behringer DCX, FourAudio PPA.
    Setting is saved in project file (vxp).

* User manual in German updated yesterday. It's compatible with rev. 2.0.3.9.

Leave a comment:

• spasticteapot
    replied
    Originally posted by kimmosto View Post

Sauna, sisu and perkele were needed much more than Salmiakki Koskenkorva .
    I've heard some rumors that real win is much faster for this than Wine on Linux. Same story with Mono which is terribly slow and unreliable at least on Windows.
    Every time I try to code something without strong drink, I am compelled to throw my laptop out the window.

And alcohol gives me heartburn.

Leave a comment:

• kimmosto
    replied
    Originally posted by spasticteapot View Post

Design through perkele and salmiakki kosenkorva? Seems to work for Old Man Linus and his crazy penguin OS...

In seriousness, thank you for your hard work.
    Sauna, sisu and perkele were needed much more than Salmiakki Koskenkorva .
    I've heard some rumors that real win is much faster for this than Wine on Linux. Same story with Mono which is terribly slow and unreliable at least on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• kimmosto
    replied
    Originally posted by Bergarth View Post
    it wont even work
    Of course it works perfectly if Windows and .NET platform are running okay. Otherwise at least someone else from several hundreds of users would have sent some feedback. I suppose you did not read user manual nor played with test projects before first trials? That is separately recommended on software page to avoid the most typical mistakes by new users: incompatible response file naming / filename decoding in settings window or missing link between driver list in Drivers tab and driver instance in Crossover tab.
    In addition, recommended design process is listed in user manual on pages 4-5. Tracing of SPL from datasheet is unlisted auxiliary method which is not advanced and accurate enough for crossover designing.

Leave a comment:

• spasticteapot
    replied

Greetings from sunny Finland,
    -Kimmo
    Design through perkele and salmiakki kosenkorva? Seems to work for Old Man Linus and his crazy penguin OS...

In seriousness, thank you for your hard work.

Leave a comment:

• Bergarth
    replied
    I cant get this program to do anything. I load Image of SPL and impedance and trace them then export them and when i select them the graphs shows nothing- this is my first ever from scratch build and was really looking forward to using a program like this to aid me but it wont even work

Leave a comment:

• kimmosto
    replied
    Very good, thanks.
    Adding of intermediate node to existing wire by moving component (terminal) at the wire is mentioned but not shown. I suppose users figure that out.

P.S. FaitalPRO drivers 6"...18" (61 pcs) are added to online database of Enclosure tool.

Leave a comment:

• civit
    replied
    Video lesson for basic functions of crossover network: https://youtu.be/v_cd3V4mbiA
    Very helpful Kimmo.

Leave a comment:

• kimmosto
    replied
    Video lesson for basic functions of crossover network: https://youtu.be/v_cd3V4mbiA

Leave a comment:

• kimmosto
    replied
    Setup of the latest 2.0.3.6 build includes also Library\Passive_blocks_V1.zip containing all blocks of version 1. Unzip files to VituixCAD\Library folder if you have old projects to convert from 1 to 2 or find blocks useful otherwise.
    New build enables also purging of this kind of "stupid" blocks without attributes via Tune block window.

Leave a comment:

• kimmosto
    replied
    https://www.howtogeek.com/187359/5-w...ware-on-a-mac/

Mono is one option but that could be too unreliable.
    https://www.mono-project.com/

Leave a comment:

• kimmosto
    replied
    ...compared it to my LspCad 5.xx...
    ...Look at LspCad 5,
    ...Something like in LspCad5...
    You should download the latest VituixCAD 1.1 if you are big fan of good old LspCAD 5.25. That uses the same blocks and few more in formal ladder with decade faster UI and features. It has been available for 4 years now.

3. I could not find a way to upload a target response
    Power & DI chart has two overlays for frequency responses, and one for DI. Should be quite adequate as loadable targets. Optimizer uses straight (tilted) lines for total SPL and Power response. Loadable file is available for optimising Filter's magnitude response. These are common in versions 1.1 and 2.0.

...is there any way this software can be developed for Mac OS?
    I doubt that, but Win & .NET virtual machines might work on Mac OS already. I suppose "native" .NET engine won't happen in Mac.

Leave a comment:

• davidB
    replied
    Yes, build a port and make the Macsicans pay for it!
    I'm in.
    Just not only for the latest MacOS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X