Attn: Pe moderator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Pe moderator

Any progress on finding the fix for this annoying symbol ?? It's a real PITA to have to go back and edit everything after it's saved in order to get rid of them. Thanks.
    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

Kevin,

We are aware of the issue and it is currently being looked at. We hope to have it fixed soon.

MP
    Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by mattp View Post
      Kevin,

We are aware of the issue and it is currently being looked at. We hope to have it fixed soon.

MP
      Thanks Matt. Appreciate all you guys do.
      My "No-Name" CC Speaker
      Kerry's "Silverbacks"
      Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
      The Archers
      Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
      The Gandalf's

Comment

Originally posted by mattp View Post
        Kevin,

MP
        I think people are so used to it* that it does not bother me anymore. Matt have you had contact with any countries since you guys put out the Make America Sound
        Great Again. Have you been to Trump Tower?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post
          Any progress on finding the fix for this annoying symbol ?? It's a real PITA to have to go back and edit everything after it's saved in order to get rid of them. Thanks.
          I GOOGLED the problem and found a variety of answers.

Comment

It seems to happen when you abuse the 'space' bar

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainman Bob View Post
              It seems to happen when you abuse the 'space' bar
              That it does, but double space after period is deeply engrained in my typing habits. I suppose that reveals my age.

I am starting to change a bit without having to edit all my posts here though. Perhaps I can be trained.
              Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
              Wogg Music

Comment

No person should have to be "re-trained" if it actually means being required to write, spell or punctuate incorrectly. On a similar note, I read recently where a school was planning on replacing their analog clocks in classrooms because many of the students couldn't tell time unless it was via a digital display and were getting freaked out because they couldn't tell how much time they had left to complete timed tests!
                Paul

Originally posted by wogg View Post

That it does, but double space after period is deeply engrained in my typing habits. I suppose that reveals my age.

I am starting to change a bit without having to edit all my posts here though. Perhaps I can be trained.

Comment

I don't "abuse" the space bar, and I get those vermin too. *

Comment

I fully agree Paul.* I also heard about the digital clocks which I find sad.* My wife told me that they are not going to teach cursive writing anymore either.
                    Craig

Comment

How about teaching kids metric measurements first, and then the archaic horse-and-buggy US customary units?**

Comment

My 9 year old can read an analog clock, is learning cursive in school, and metric measurements in the 3rd grade. My 18 year old however, still can't read an analog clock. They went to the same school, go figure.
                        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                        Wogg Music

Comment

They have implemented a state-wide plan in IN to keep cursive in schools. The people in the schooling system didn't know why it had been slowly omitted from the curriculum, but they chose to reintroduce it. To that, my aunt said, "Why?", when you have digital signatures, type everything in a computer, and writing is no longer commonplace.

To that I disagree. We need to have cursive taught. Without it, the handwritten documents that forged this country's genesis could not be read. People could not have a signature to authorize anything required that follows them once they learned it. And the last- actual letters sent through the mail would not be properly signed.

Some people, due to the modern life of current times, would not see these as an importance, but I find them to not be archaic and in fact a requirement.

Later,
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Cursive is an art form.
                            If you're going to teach kids how to print, then cursive should be right behind.
                            It's EASIER to write cursive anyway, and far more stimulative to the cerebral cortex.

Enjoy Clownvis Presley singing about cursive.

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                            "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

I remember something my son-in-law said his Dad told him. With a digital clock all you can see is the current time, but with an analog clock, you not only can see what time it is, but what time it had been and what time it will be.
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X