Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul K.
    replied
    4 or 5 years ago at InDIYana, I was sitting across from Jeff at the Mexican restaurant we often went to on Saturday and Jeff was talking about his current health condition. It seemed to me at the time that he was doing quite well, all things considered, and I came away with the impression, apparently incorrectly, that he was going to be able to avoid a transplant. Thank goodness he was able to receive a transplant, but I read on another forum that even though the transplant operation was successful, when he was extubated, his airway collapsed and he went to respiratory arrest, followed by cardiac arrest, requiring resuscitation. Jeff has been through a lot over a number of years, as has his family in his support. Here's hoping he has a full and uncomplicated recovery followed by many years of good health and happiness.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• tom_s
    replied
    Javad - thanks for starting the fund.*

Jeff - I've never met you in person, but you have helped keep me progressing in this hobby. I sincerely hope you have a speedy recovery!

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied
    You rock thanks man! Anyone else please spread to other forums if you see the opportunity thanks!

Leave a comment:

• skatz
    replied
    Javad

I put announcements on Meniscus, DIYaudio (but apparently it won't appear until it is approved by someone), and diymidwesternaudioclub. Thats all that I am on, but there are others. Just wanted to let you know what I did .*

Leave a comment:

• hongrn
    replied
    Donated. Thanks Javad. Best wishes Jeff!

Leave a comment:

• dynamo
    replied
    Thanks for doing this for him Javad*

Leave a comment:

• dkalsi
    replied
    Done - thanks for posting Javad.*

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ernperkins
    replied
    Originally posted by JavadS View Post
    Done!* Couldn't think of a more deserving person.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    My ex wife was a social worker in a hospital dialysis clinic. It's a tough fatiguing way to live. It's good that Jeff has received a transplant.

Leave a comment:

• JRT
    replied
    Jeff, you are in my thoughts and I hope that you soon recover.
    Get well, be well, and stay well.

Leave a comment:

• skatz
    replied
    Originally posted by JavadS View Post
    Javad

Did this get posted only on TT? What about some of the other forums where Jeff is held in high regard, like DIYaudio, DIYsoundgroup, Meniscus, Madisound etc.*

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    I hope that Jeff recovers to full capacity. I've been following his work for years, and he is a very giving, inspirational man. I live on the northside of Indianapolis, about 1 hour south of Kokomo. If any of you would want to get a benefit show together, I can get the guys in one of my bands to play it, and I would love to be able to do that for Jeff and his family. The guitarist in TresAmigos is my best friend, and he's a long time speaker builder, soundman, and testicular cancer survivor. We could all put our heads together and put something together in Indy or Kokomo. Any ideas, please let me know? Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• JavadS
    replied
    Correct Jeff lost donors in the past as the conditions for being allowed to donate are very strict. This kidney was from an unknown donor through the program and it was a God send.

Leave a comment:

• ejh2854
    replied
    Thanks for the heads'-up! ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X