New forum problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum problem?

Don't know if others are having this problem.
    A couple of times I have looked at new topics, and the first post contains the name of the thread, but no content. Yet I see
    other people are responding to content that they can see, but I cannot.
    It happened again just now with the Sunflower Redux thread. I see the name and nothing else, but others are seeing more.
    ​​​​​​​What give with this? Its not on every thread that this happens, but its happened more than once.

I just noticed something about this. This is quite an old thread originally, goes back to 2013. I have several posts by the OP from 2013 that are devoid of content, but then starting in 2014 and later I think the posts are intact. Is there some kind of stripping of older content that goes on?
    I didn't notice that on the other threads where I saw this, and don't recall what they were since I skipped over them because I couldn't see anything.

Comment

I actually noticed something like that recently, I just assumed the original poster had edited out their post. It could be that there were links to external sites that violate the forums Terms of Agreement and those posts have been "cleansed" but that is just a guess.

Comment

It's a character set display problem in the new forum software. To test this, click "Quote" on that first post in the Sunflower Redux thread. Your draft will have all the text content in that post, even though it is not being rendered for the page. I believe this is somehow related to the special characters being stripped, i.e. Pete's copyright R, AE's special symbol name etc.

Also, check that same thread in Tapatalk, all text is visible there since it's not using Tapatalk's server setup instead of vBulletin's web interface.
        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
        Wogg Music

Comment

Wogg you are absolutely correct, I can see the missing info in the quote! Haven't tried tapatalk, I don't have it on this computer, but I will try it at home.
          So, do we need to let PE know about this?

Comment

Post #1 and post #5 by OP are blank for me.

Comment

So, if you see this djg, does hitting the quote button on posts 1 or 5 show you the content?

Comment

Yeah, weird.

Comment

Sometimes it is like "Finding Waldo"
                  Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Sounds like the same problem: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...92#post1377992

Comment

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
                      You're right, I had not seen that previously.

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
                        You're right, I had not seen that previously.
                        Glad I’m not the only one seeing this. Weird characters are one thing but missing content is another! I was reading another old thread trying to bone up on T-lines, but it made no sense until I realized stuff was missing. Too bad, since the thread was about to answer a key question...

Comment

The key I have found to using PETT forum software is to never get too comfortable with it or expect too much. As soon as you do....
                          Craig

Comment

Working...
                          X