Busted AVR - What to do???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Can't you just route the HDMI directly to the display? I'm one of the people that does this. HDMI from source to display, and alternate connection for audio to preamp. I have 3 different routes hooked up to my preamp for audio; 6 channel discrete, optical, and coaxial spdif. I normally use the optical, as the sound does not roll off the treble like the coaxial connection tends to do in my particular case (measured FR change!), and the DAC in the preamp sounds better than that of in the source.

Just spitballing,
    Wolf
    That was going to be my suggestion as well. If you want to save the most money, route audio to the receiver and video directly to the TV.
    -Kerry

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com

Comment

I picked up a SR4600 through Craigslist with busted digital input on the cheap. Seller said digital board malfunction was due to lighting. Analog input and outputs work fine and volume control too. I use six channels of amplification for an active 3-way crossover. SQ is excellent IMO. I know that your unit is a higher end model and that you still need an AVR. But you might repurpose or sell. Then You could pick up a replacement second hand...fully functioning Marantz units seem available and not expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
        I picked up a SR4600 through Craigslist with busted digital input on the cheap. Seller said digital board malfunction was due to lighting. Analog input and outputs work fine and volume control too. I use six channels of amplification for an active 3-way crossover. SQ is excellent IMO. I know that your unit is a higher end model and that you still need an AVR. But you might repurpose or sell. Then You could pick up a replacement second hand...fully functioning Marantz units seem available and not expensive.
        Yeah, the last thing I want to do is toss this in the trash. Got to be a better use for it... maybe it won't be so hard to treat it as an amplifier if I can just disable a bunch of un-needed inputs from the settings over ethernet.
        Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
        Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
        The Super Bees - Garage 2 way
        SevenSixTwo - InDIYana 2018 Coax

Comment

Working...
        X