"Into The Abyss", Tweeters in low places

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by augerpro View Post
    Tim something seems odd in that photo, when I took off the faceplate there was still an 1/8" ridge around the surround. You can see it there but it is flush with the rest of the plastic not raised. I assumed it was part of the plastic but maybe it was removable?
    Here is the link to the PE page: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...4-ohm--275-143

Perhaps I missed something?

Comment

• I'll take one apart when I get home tonight.
      ~Brandon

Soma Sonus
      DriverVault

Comment

• Originally posted by augerpro View Post
        I'll take one apart when I get home tonight.
        Perhaps PE inserted the wrong photo.

Comment

• Well I'll be, there is a separate plate for the phase shield. This will get the waveguide throat from 1.61" at the grill down to 1.49" at the surround with the PS plate removed:

~Brandon

Soma Sonus
          DriverVault

Comment

• Interesting, and much easier to produce a simple interface to the guide. 1.49" isn't so much over the 1.475" that worked for the RS28F, perhaps someone will test both in the same guides. It's also good that should an RS28 fail, it can be replaced without too much modification to an existing waveguide, provided the guide is used with the original faceplate and mesh plate removed.

I do like the large alignment pins that locate the diaphragm. They're a needed improvement over the RS28.

Comment

• This is good news! Pete also noticed the replacement diaphragms do not have the shield.
              With the RSTs I have the shield seems to be glued on I will take another look in the AM,
              I also have the aluminum versions and replacement domes coming tomorrow.
              Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by xmax View Post
                Pix, hopefully sweeps and curves first in am-ish. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	626.4 KB
ID:	1381287
                In the top pic, what is the tweeter on the right?

Comment

• New RST28 is on the right.
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• This is the RST28 in the Visaton WG 148 R Wave Guide. it measures nice but I still need to mount it in a baffle. Click image for larger version

Name:	RST V WG.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	613.7 KB
ID:	1384762
                    Guess xmax's age.

Comment

• It's a nice fit, but the finish seems quite rough. Has anyone suggested an advantage to the roughness

Comment

• It's not as "rough" as it looks in this pic.
                        Guess xmax's age.

Comment

• Are there dimensioned cross sections available for the wgs you're using, other than Pete's and other designs contributed by forum readers?

Comment

Working...
                          X