• Show
Clear All

• With 22uf cap
    Attached Files

Comment

• Modifications
      Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry missed the photo with the spacer inserted between the WG and tweeter front plate . I had to cut it up to get to the phase shield and then refill it with Bondo to get it to seat properly between the tweeter and WG That seemed to help a lot as it has the right diameter hole in it so you can apply Bondo on the wave guide up to the edge of that and when it's dried sand back to there. It obviously moves the dome further away from the phase shield as I think in the first instance it was too close and the tweeter had a very "honky" sound which dissapered with this back in place . Cheers
        Attached Files

Comment

• Is the spacing between the dome and PS now the same as it was from the factory? What was the spacing when it was closer?
          ~Brandon

Soma Sonus
          DriverVault

Comment

• "...Think it's sounding pretty good but will wanna live with it for awhile to gain a better impression"

I like your approach to your research.

What is your testing software and setup?

Comment

• Hi augerpro I have not had time to check that yet but from a quick eyeball I'd say yes it's pretty close I will dismantle at some point and give you a more definitive answer . The change from the close to far would be the thickness of the spacer again I'd estimate 2.5/3mm but can measure once I have it in pieces again.

Comment

• Hi TN Allen.

Thanks for that.
                I try to combine the measuring/ simulation with as much listening and A/B comparisons as possible. I find it's easy to get the "blinkers" on and think your on the right track when you could be heading down the wrong path.

This mod seems to be pretty good . It's very smooth and easy on the ear, the tweeter "disappears" but maybe lacks some zing and sparkle.

Testing software wise. I'm on a Mac mainly (always have been) so I'm running REW with Mini DSP's umik-1 for measuring. I have a turntable marked out in 5 degree increments, made from and old lazy susan bearing which is super handy. I have a Behringer UMC202HD sound card/preamp for impedance sweeps and a ACH-01 accelerometer for cabinet resonances. Simulation wise I have a old PC running PCD and Vituix CAD.

I'd like to be a bit more methodical with the measurement side of things and standardise all my measurements I'm getting close but still need to stick to the ground rules everytime. Sometimes I'm in in too much of a rush!!

All the best.

P

Comment

• I finally got my Seos 8 for my Seas 27TDFC tweeters.
                  I measured them at 10cm from the mouth. The 3.53khz and 1.74khz were taken at different dates and I forgot to adjust the level to match the earlier measurement. Crossover and EQ done with a DCX2496.

Comment

• Sample 1 and 2 + distortion.

Comment

Working...
                    X