Ceramic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic

The Postman just delivered to my humble abode two SB 15CAC3-08 midwoofers. These things are gorgeous looking and look super-well built. I am contemplating what tweeter. Maybe a Dayton AMT or Fountek ribbon. Suggestions or recommendations?

Pics or it never happened.

Comment

I paired mine with the RT1.3WE. Turned out great!
      Craig

Comment

I have 20 other sets of similar and much higher priced mid basses laying around and not any of them seem
        as enjoyable sounding as a pair of the SBCAC35-8s I don't know what kind of dark magic SB is using but
        these things sound great! The distortion is not as low as some of the other drivers and the sensitivity is
        low but none of that matters, I can't find anything in the measurements that explain how great they sound!

I am using a straight Bessel 3rd order filter @ 1.3K, I imagine the 5" can easily go higher, I have some
        and they will be measured and tested extensively for a design Keith and I am working on. Click image for larger version

Name:	SB 6 cer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	1378672
        Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

I'd probably keep it in the SB family and try a SB21RDC. I like small tweeters with small woofers...

Comment

They are VERY nice looking drivers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Keramiskas.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1378763
            Craig

Comment

Yes, they are the best looking drivers I have ever seen. How many liters is your enclosure? What is your crossover point?

Comment

I hope to try the 6" 8 ohm version in a small 12L sealed box soon. They do seem like very nice drivers. But I'm that guy that sits with new driver's while holding and admiring it watching TV. Weird, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                  They are VERY nice looking drivers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Keramiskas.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1378763
                  That is not only a very nice looking driver, it's a very nice looking speaker. Great job!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Waboo View Post
                    I hope to try the 6" 8 ohm version in a small 12L sealed box soon. They do seem like very nice drivers. But I'm that guy that sits with new driver's while holding and admiring it watching TV. Weird, I know.
                    I am listen to some right now in a similar sealed box, I won't be turning on the TV anytime soon!
                    Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Must. Stop. Drooling. On Keyboard.....
                      Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
                      Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
                      The Super Bees - Garage 2 way
                      SevenSixTwo - InDIYana 2018 Coax

Comment

Still in the box with plastic protective cover.

Comment

Looks like 17 liters vented will go down below 40 hz. Impressive. Maybe mate with the new SB21, but tempted by AMT or ribbon.

Comment

And, the best thing is I got them on eBay for $49 each, as seller just listed a buy it price and had ordered two too many, so wanted to sell fast.

Comment

Working...
                            X