• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICEpower - Coming Soon!

Click here for more details...
    http://www.parts-express.com/icepower

Awesome!!!!!
    Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

Very nice! Glad to see PE carrying a more premium line of amplifier boards for our projects. I'll be watching this with interest!
      Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
      Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks
      The Super Bees - Garage 2 way
      SevenSixTwo - InDIYana 2018 Coax

Comment

Normally the pitfall with ICEPower is lack of available wire harnesses and connectors. Along with these, PE should obtain some JST connectors (the mating parts for the supplied connectors on-board) and contacts to allow a hobbyist to make their own wire harnesses, or better yet, some pre-made ones with flying leads at the end so they can be soldered to RCA plugs, binding posts, and so forth.
        Technology in the service of art, for the life of the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Rory Buszka View Post
          Normally the pitfall with ICEPower is lack of available wire harnesses and connectors. Along with these, PE should obtain some JST connectors (the mating parts for the supplied connectors on-board) and contacts to allow a hobbyist to make their own wire harnesses, or better yet, some pre-made ones with flying leads at the end so they can be soldered to RCA plugs, binding posts, and so forth.
          As far as I am aware, we will be carrying the harness and such for these amplifiers. Let me check and make 100% sure of this and I'll post the reply.
          All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

Originally posted by Rory Buszka View Post
            Great idea!
            Also Molex with wire tails.
            Not everyone has a variety of pin crimpers on hand

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
            "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
            SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
            My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Per the email back from Product:

"We are indeed carrying all wiring harnesses needed to work with these amps. They will be preterminated with JST connectors. We will sell each cable ala carte as well as in hook up kits specific to each amp."

All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

"We are indeed carrying all wiring harnesses needed to work with these amps. They will be preterminated with JST connectors. We will sell each cable ala carte as well as in hook up kits specific to each amp."
                Super!
                Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Excellent, that addresses my concern. Sounds like the offering is good to go.

I will need to get some of these for myself.
                  Technology in the service of art, for the life of the music.

Comment

Would like to see the newer ones, but OTOH it's nice to see a reliable source of spares for some of the older ICE amps in the wild.
                    --
                    "Based on my library and laboratory research, I have concluded, as have others, that the best measures of speaker quality are frequency response and dispersion pattern. I have not found any credible research showing that most of the differences we hear among loudspeakers cannot be explained by examining these two variables." -Alvin Foster, 22 BAS Speaker 2 (May, 1999)

Comment

Any word on when they are going to start shipping?
                      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

Originally posted by xmax View Post
                        Any word on when they are going to start shipping?
                        I'd say within the next week or two. I know there'll be a launch when they do.

Comment

Would you be selling the chassis for the Icepower Amp's? By the looks of it, there are not many companies out there making dedicated cases? Also, volume pots and soft starters would be nice. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SparrowlegsSpeakers View Post
                            Would you be selling the chassis for the Icepower Amp's? By the looks of it, there are not many companies out there making dedicated cases? Also, volume pots and soft starters would be nice. ;)
                            As far as I know, no, but it is something I can pass along to product.

Comment

Okay- some queries...

I see the 1000A is only good up to 3kHz. Why?
                              I see it takes a 120VDC PSU from the main module.

The reason I ask, Is I have 2x 2.5kVA Talema toroidal transformers with dual 80VAC secondaries. Rectified, this is +/-110VDC, IIRC. I have the rectifiers and caps to do this, as well as the soft-start modules.

The questions related are:
                              - Do the IcePower modules take a dual-rail supply or a single-rail?
                              - Is there a full bandwidth 1000W amplifier module coming down the pipeline?
                              - Would this conventional supply be capable of running the IcePower module?

Later,
                              Wolf
                              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                              X