Clear All

• staff@parts-express
    started a topic ICEpower - Coming Soon!

ICEpower - Coming Soon!

Click here for more details...
    http://www.parts-express.com/icepower

• Wolf
    replied
    But then it won't take the PSU parts I already have.- that's my issue.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied
    FYI, the 1000ASP has the same bandwith issue - drops off the high end. Look at the 500A or 500ASP for the full range.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I'd like to utilize this stuff I have as it's not cheap, and the ICEpower route would be cheaper/faster than a full class AB for the moment, and I don't want to make a sub amp with them. More or less, I could actually use 2x 1000W amps running single rail style since it's not +/-120VDC and just +120VDC. Being just shy in power would not bother me, but shy in bandwidth does.

If the +/-12VDC is a supply to the 1000, then that would not be an issue with a small and separate supply.

Thanks for the clarity on the rectification, as it's been a few years since I figured that. I had figures of both 1.07 and 1.4 in my skull.

I just want to build a full bandwidth high power amp with the cases and guts that I already have, and this seemed to be a solid direction.

Thanks,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• ScottK@PE
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Okay- some queries...

I see the 1000A is only good up to 3kHz. Why?
    I see it takes a 120VDC PSU from the main module.

The reason I ask, Is I have 2x 2.5kVA Talema toroidal transformers with dual 80VAC secondaries. Rectified, this is +/-110VDC, IIRC. I have the rectifiers and caps to do this, as well as the soft-start modules.

The questions related are:
    - Do the IcePower modules take a dual-rail supply or a single-rail?
    - Is there a full bandwidth 1000W amplifier module coming down the pipeline?
    - Would this conventional supply be capable of running the IcePower module?

Later,
    Wolf
    Wolf, I'll answer in the order you asked:

1. Why? I can only theorize, but if you look, that particular board is designed to plug into the 1000ASP to make a 2 way amplifier design. It's likely the "low" section of the 2 way. It is powered directly by the 1000ASP.

2. As far as I can tell from the datasheet, it appears to be two separate, distinct rails: one is 120VDC, and the other is 12VDC+ and 12VDC-. The diagram on page 10 of the datasheet on the product page shows this. (My schematic reading is sketchy at best). I can find out 100% if you would like, might take me a couple days to get an answer.

3. At this point, not to my knowledge. I will ask at our next product meeting, though.

4. Could it power it? Sure. Will it reach full potential? Not quite. Your supply would be 113VDC once rectified (Secondary voltage times 1.414). Power figures were derived with 120VDC. You'll still be close to full power with that 113V, FWIW.

Hope that helps for the time being.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Parts Express
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied
    The 1000A is more of a bass amp module, the HF response drops off. the 500's are better for full range. that's just how the A series are.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Okay- some queries...

I see the 1000A is only good up to 3kHz. Why?
    I see it takes a 120VDC PSU from the main module.

The reason I ask, Is I have 2x 2.5kVA Talema toroidal transformers with dual 80VAC secondaries. Rectified, this is +/-110VDC, IIRC. I have the rectifiers and caps to do this, as well as the soft-start modules.

The questions related are:
    - Do the IcePower modules take a dual-rail supply or a single-rail?
    - Is there a full bandwidth 1000W amplifier module coming down the pipeline?
    - Would this conventional supply be capable of running the IcePower module?

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• ScottK@PE
    replied
    Originally posted by SparrowlegsSpeakers View Post
    Would you be selling the chassis for the Icepower Amp's? By the looks of it, there are not many companies out there making dedicated cases? Also, volume pots and soft starters would be nice. ;)
    As far as I know, no, but it is something I can pass along to product.

Leave a comment:

• SparrowlegsSpeakers
    replied
    Would you be selling the chassis for the Icepower Amp's? By the looks of it, there are not many companies out there making dedicated cases? Also, volume pots and soft starters would be nice. ;)

Leave a comment:

• ScottK@PE
    replied
    Originally posted by xmax View Post
    Any word on when they are going to start shipping?
    I'd say within the next week or two. I know there'll be a launch when they do.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Any word on when they are going to start shipping?

Leave a comment:

• Pallas
    replied
    Would like to see the newer ones, but OTOH it's nice to see a reliable source of spares for some of the older ICE amps in the wild.

Leave a comment:

• Rory Buszka
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Per the email back from Product:

"We are indeed carrying all wiring harnesses needed to work with these amps. They will be preterminated with JST connectors. We will sell each cable ala carte as well as in hook up kits specific to each amp."
    Excellent, that addresses my concern. Sounds like the offering is good to go.

I will need to get some of these for myself.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Per the email back from Product:

"We are indeed carrying all wiring harnesses needed to work with these amps. They will be preterminated with JST connectors. We will sell each cable ala carte as well as in hook up kits specific to each amp."
    Super!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X