Morel Cat 308

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morel Cat 308

Anyone have the frd and zma files for it?

Basically AKA MDT30.
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Traced from the specsheet:
      277-082.FRD
      277-082.ZMA

Comment

Thanks Chris! I just got dats and for some reason I keep getting an error, it worked just fine with the woofer but I can't get it to work with the tweeter .

Comment

Do you get an "insufficient resonance peak" error, or what?
          Can't imagine that situation?

Comment

It keeps saying that the box is larger than recommended for a driver this size as the fs was increased by less than %50 . Try using a smaller box. The box is 10in square so I figured it was a problem with it being not sealed properly but the usher woofer had no problem in the box so I am not sure.

Comment

Sounds like you're trying to measure Vas on the tweeter, which won't work. I used the CAT 308 on an 8.5" x 14" PE baffle and should have my measurements still. Let me know if this baffle size is close enough to yours and I'll dig them out for you.

Dan
              The Hurricanes
              The Baronettes
              Conneccentric
              UX3

Comment

I think it's close enough, my baffle is 10" x 14". Guess I'll have to look into tweeter measurements more.

Comment

Basically, for (woofer/mid-bass) box design, you need Qts, Fs, and Vas.
                  Tweeters are closed back (mostly), so you don't do a box design. Heck, they almost never even have a box.
                  The only relevant parms are probably Fs, maybe Re and Qts. It's the .zma file that you get from DATS that's important for XO work.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                    It's the .zma file that you get from DATS that's important for XO work.
                    Exactly. When doing a sweep with the tweeter, just do an impedance sweep. You don't need to know parameters to do the XO,.

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Ok so it's the zma file for a tweeter but both the frd and zma files for woofers. Then take impedance sweeps to see the results?

Comment

For XO design, you need both .frd and .zma files for ALL drivers. Your DATS will give you the .zma files. To get .frd files you need to measure w/a (calibrated) mic.
                        For box design, you need T/S parameters of the woofer (specifically: Qts, Fs, and Vas). DATS was made for those. For a 3-way you can also get them for the mid enclosure.

Comment

Working...
                        X