RS225P-8a potential

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS225P-8a potential

My question to all of the knowlegeable collective is, what potential do you see in a system using two of the 8 ohmers, ran parallel to get a four ohm higher sensitivity two way? What would be the highest crossover frequency for the paper 225s that you would use, and why? With the 89.1 db + 6db with parallel giving 95.1db prior to my assumption of 3db loss for bsc giving 92 db system sensitivity, am I on the right track? Size of box, reflex or mltl is all on the table. I've been reading xmax's low tweeter tests, and I have considered a cd/ waveguide combo as well. What do you see as being the lowest extension tuning with a pair of 225's being, and why? I realize every choice would be a compromise on one end or the other. I used these to rebuild some jbl's, and I have really liked the performance to cost aspect, and it has gotten me day dreaming of their ability in a more potent setup. Thanks in advance. Glenn.

The RS Duets crossed the RS225-8 (no "A") at ~ 1.5 KHz using a 4th order LP filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
      The RS Duets crossed the RS225-8 (no "A") at ~ 1.5 KHz using a 4th order LP filter.
      That is the aluminum RS, these are the paper/kevlar/glass drivers. Higher sensitivity with a touch higher Fs. I haven't found many diy projects done with the paper versions. Glenn.

Comment

i used a pair of these https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...4-ohm--295-377 seriesed in the bottom of my towers . they are 93db and seriesed they handle twice the power and are an easy amp load . i crossed at 400 though so i do not know how high they can play .
        Paper Towers
        RS180P/28F surrounds
        Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
          i used a pair of these https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...4-ohm--295-377 seriesed in the bottom of my towers . they are 93db and seriesed they handle twice the power and are an easy amp load . i crossed at 400 though so i do not know how high they can play .
          Your Paper Towers are some potent and sexy music makers! What was the final sensitivity with bsc factored in of the system? I like the ability to go lower tune without resorting to the massive size of pro drivers, but I am wanting higher final system sensitivity to meet in the middle of the output vs. frequency extension. I listen to such a wide variety of music that it's tough to decide, and I don't want to have to use subs. Glenn.

Comment

Working...
          X