Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

RS225P-8a potential

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS225P-8a potential

My question to all of the knowlegeable collective is, what potential do you see in a system using two of the 8 ohmers, ran parallel to get a four ohm higher sensitivity two way? What would be the highest crossover frequency for the paper 225s that you would use, and why? With the 89.1 db + 6db with parallel giving 95.1db prior to my assumption of 3db loss for bsc giving 92 db system sensitivity, am I on the right track? Size of box, reflex or mltl is all on the table. I've been reading xmax's low tweeter tests, and I have considered a cd/ waveguide combo as well. What do you see as being the lowest extension tuning with a pair of 225's being, and why? I realize every choice would be a compromise on one end or the other. I used these to rebuild some jbl's, and I have really liked the performance to cost aspect, and it has gotten me day dreaming of their ability in a more potent setup. Thanks in advance. Glenn.

The RS Duets crossed the RS225-8 (no "A") at ~ 1.5 KHz using a 4th order LP filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
      The RS Duets crossed the RS225-8 (no "A") at ~ 1.5 KHz using a 4th order LP filter.
      That is the aluminum RS, these are the paper/kevlar/glass drivers. Higher sensitivity with a touch higher Fs. I haven't found many diy projects done with the paper versions. Glenn.

Comment

i used a pair of these https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...4-ohm--295-377 seriesed in the bottom of my towers . they are 93db and seriesed they handle twice the power and are an easy amp load . i crossed at 400 though so i do not know how high they can play .
        Paper Towers
        RS180P/28F surrounds
        Boombox

Comment

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
          i used a pair of these https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...4-ohm--295-377 seriesed in the bottom of my towers . they are 93db and seriesed they handle twice the power and are an easy amp load . i crossed at 400 though so i do not know how high they can play .
          Your Paper Towers are some potent and sexy music makers! What was the final sensitivity with bsc factored in of the system? I like the ability to go lower tune without resorting to the massive size of pro drivers, but I am wanting higher final system sensitivity to meet in the middle of the output vs. frequency extension. I listen to such a wide variety of music that it's tough to decide, and I don't want to have to use subs. Glenn.

Comment

Working...
          X